HD spring Q

Strega

Hi all, have just atarted doing the 2" lift and decided to start at the front, I took the old springs out and found they are only an 1" shorter than the HD rears I am replacing them with.

I believe this is a tried and tested method of achieving a 2" lift but it does not seem right. Will the front sag less with these or am I missing something!!!??

The HD rears will be a higher poundage spring, and therefore, as you say, sag less.

One way to find out ;)

Did you measure the wheelarch to ground distance before you started?

*edit* in fact, if you look here: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?s=&s...st&p=252746 you can see the difference.

Front standard duty : 133lb/in

Rear standard duty : 150lb/in

Rear heavy duty : 170lb/in

HTH :)

I have measured it but had hoped to find an answer before I bolt it all back together!!! At this stage it's not too late to buy a pair 1" spacers

If you need some spacers, i have 2 that are 30mm going spare for a few ££. PM me.

If the spring was stiffer and 2" longer uncompressed then you would end up with more than a 2" lift when fitted. The HD springs I fitted to a RRC a couple of years ago were less than an inch longer than the ones I removed but it still provided the 2" (or there abouts) lift.

When you have already fitted a kit once, all the fasteners should come apart reasonably easily which is half the battle I find, so builiding it with what you have and then maybe fitting spacers or different springs afterwards shouldn't be too bigger hassel.