Where can I get repair pannels for a 2a lightweight?

Steve 90

Looking for some parts for a series 2a lightweight. It has 1964 on the log book (but im told it cant be as they didn't make them till 68??) and is car No 43a.

I need the vent pannel below the windscreen and the sloping pannel between the floor and bulkhead in the drivers footwell. Are these the same as a normal 2a? And does anyone know where I can get them?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge as this is the first time ive had anything to do with a Lightweight/series of any kind.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve.

http://www.lightweightlandroverclub.org/ has the proper lightweigth floor panels (which ARE different to standard).

Unfortunately 2a vent panels in good nick are like gold dust, even series III to be honest. I'd look at trying to get it repaired if you can, i know someone on Ebay(or was it on here?) was selling channel bent to the right shape for the lower edge of the panel, which makes things a LOT easier!

Good luck!

http://www.lightweightlandroverclub.org/ has the proper lightweigth floor panels (which ARE different to standard).

Unfortunately 2a vent panels in good nick are like gold dust, even series III to be honest. I'd look at trying to get it repaired if you can, i know someone on Ebay(or was it on here?) was selling channel bent to the right shape for the lower edge of the panel, which makes things a LOT easier!

Good luck!

I'D BE UP FOR SOME OF THAT CHANNEL IF YOUI REMEBER WHERE IT COMES FROM.

I'M NOT THAT FAR AWAY, NO NEED TO SHOUT!

I found it on the lightweight LR club forum, the guys name is 'V8 power', pretty sure you need to sign up to the forum to view posts, then just search 'vent panel', you'll find it no probs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I think Craddocks have (or had) new vent panels. However they were a tad pricey from what I remember...only millionaires need apply sort of price.... :o

A guy at Manby LR show brought a new vent panel over to the LWt club stand. It looked good. HAve a look on lwt forum/Events/Manby. There are some snaps. Goole Surplus was the compnay I think. Circa £300.

Neal :)