Hello all

Grimace

Hey People,

Grimace is my name (Anthony), I seen afew post links to this site and noticed afew members and thought i would sign up and say hi.

I drive a range rover (well its currently in bits) and live on the beautiful Gold Coast (QLD, Australia) :D

Here is a old pic of my Junk

rangie3003051ej.jpg

Good to see another LR forum with sum good input.

Cheers

Anthony (aka Grimace)

Edited by Grimace

Hello Anthony,

nice to see another familiar name that can chip on on the LR discussions and help us push the bounderies. How big are those tyres? :D

The tyres in the pic are 37x12.5 Maxxis Creepys

Hello Anthony.

How is your 3 link front progressing?

Slow was waiting on the coil overs to arrive (finally) they here (well in melb) should be at 'the shed' by tuesday.

Anti dive has been reduced alot, and also got a whole spare set of brackets and arms, incase i decide to go full five link.

Another drama at the moment is deciding how to shorten/cut the rear chassis and lengthen the wheelbase (rear spring perches will be at end of chassis).

Its all coming along very slowly but its still comin along... just :D

Hi

My name is Alastair i am in Brisbane. Central.

Got a 90 soft top. (well with have when it gets out of custom next week :) )

Are you a member of any clubs locally

Hey Alastair, reguarding clubs, we just started a new Gold Coast Land Rover Owners Club, of which i am a member, also considering joining the Logan Club.

The GCLRO Club is only in the beggining stages they have done afew runs but with minimal members its only afew cars on each run. But its growing and should be great once the numbers get up.

Hello Anthony from OL and P44

:)

Hello Michele from OL and P44

On another note... This bulletin format is orsum, so easy to quote many people at once. I luv it.

Edited by Grimace

The tyres in the pic are 37x12.5 Maxxis Creepys

They look very capable. Not many over here running bigger than 35" though Moglite has a set of 44"s waiting in the wings. How have you built the axles to cope or did you junk the rover axles?

On another note... This bulletin format is orsum, so easy to quote many people at once. I luv it.

Glad you like it. It's a lot fresher than our old home.

They look very capable. Not many over here running bigger than 35" though Moglite has a set of 44"s waiting in the wings. How have you built the axles to cope or did you junk the rover axles?

Glad you like it. It's a lot fresher than our old home.

Rover axles are gone... Used to have maxi drives but now I got Toyota axles/diffs out from under an 80series landcruiser (HJ80 ? ? ?) reason bein price and avalability of parts (i already have 5 complete spare centres and two complete CW&P all for under $300 AUS)

The rear is just welded for now, front will be recieving sum 30spline cromo longfield axles and cvs, tjm locker (when available) and upgaded bolts in centre to make it just that litle bit stronger.

also done the 10mm flange/axle bolt upgrade to the rear.

The site format is bloody excelent and seems pretty fast too... B)

...Another drama at the moment is deciding how to shorten/cut the rear chassis and lengthen the wheelbase (rear spring perches will be at end of chassis)...

How much are you intending to move the rear axle back?

Are you keeping the chassis cross member that is just behind the rear axle?

Are you putting coilovers at the rear or just the front?

How much are you intending to move the rear axle back?

Are you keeping the chassis cross member that is just behind the rear axle?

Are you putting coilovers at the rear or just the front?

about 8" me thinks, yes will be keeping the cross member behind the rear axle.

Coilovers are only up front. In the rear ill have sum 16" travel procomp shocks with sum long 220lb springs designed for a 4" lift.