replacing Outrigger and Dumb irons

If you need to repair behind the dumb irons, then I assume the chassis rails are corroded. If you bought seperate dumb irons - you would be welding to something that's already beed welded on that also needs patching to repair it. Too much welding in one place I would have thought.

Les.

You wont really know just how far back you need to go until Mr grinder has paid a visit. What appears to be good metal now, may only half its original thickness, you have to go back to the good stuff.

I would possibly do as Les said and go for a whole x/member and irons, though i don't know who does them.

Then have a sheet of 3mm steel handy.

The repair panels are often absolute sh*te.

The money you will spend and then the time F about getting them to fit anywhere near close IMHO means

you could as Les has said cut out the rot and replace by welding in (or getting someone who can properly) sections, far better job in the end :)

Nige