suspension questions

hi all

started to fit a 2in lift kit to my 90 today and in the box are some what look like some recovery straps can anyone tell me what they are for and where they go?

the kit came with dilocation cones as well and was wondering how bad the terrain would have to be for the springs to dislocate from the body?

hi all

started to fit a 2in lift kit to my 90 today and in the box are some what look like some recovery straps can anyone tell me what they are for and where they go?

the kit came with dilocation cones as well and was wondering how bad the terrain would have to be for the springs to dislocate from the body?

Any pics? These may be a form of check strap to use when jacking the vehicle up to change a tyre.

hi all

They are probably check straps so that you can jack it up to change a tyre without having to jack it up too far. They normally bolt to chassis near shock mount and either hook on to axle or attach to mount that you bolt to the axle.

Depends on if your kit came with +2" shocks or -2" shock mounts and how long your springs are. If it didn't come with shocks or lower mounts then no as your travel will be less than standard with the new springs. If it did it depends on how long yopur springs are. Most will dislocate though in this set up.

Cheers

Steve

hello all

the kit list says they are check straps just didnt konw whee to attach them to

and i have driven my 90 up a concrete ramp on the passanger side and it made it to the top and didnt dislocate atall

as far as i know the springs and shocks and both extended