Salisbury Disc Brake axles?

d-90

Hello,

As the title says, what are the differences between Salisbury disc braked axles (hubs, stub axles, discs, calipers, etc)?

I thought they were all the same, but today I found a Salisbury with the caliper support welded to the axle flange instead of the usual bolt in piece I was used to see... :blink: :blink:

Any help on this?

Thanks

later salisbury axles had the caliper mount welded on. not sure when LR started doing it that way,.

Do you know if stub axles, hubs, discs and calipers are the same or interchangeable?

Thanks

Guest diesel_jim
Do you know if stub axles, hubs, discs and calipers are the same or interchangeable?

Thanks

Yes, the stubs and hubs etc are interchangable between the (old) drum braked casings, and the disc braked (both with bolt on and cast caliper brackets)

my old 300Tdi 110 (on a T plate) had bolt on brackets, my last Td5 110 (2001) had the cast type brackets. but all the other bits were the same (or at least, they were interchangable)

Yes, the stubs and hubs etc are interchangable between the (old) drum braked casings, and the disc braked (both with bolt on and cast caliper brackets)

Are they also interchangable between a drum braked 109 and a disc braked 110 (or other disc brakes, from other models)?

Are they also interchangable between a drum braked 109 and a disc braked 110 (or other disc brakes, from other models)?

I will be soon finding out, converting a leaf salisbury to disc using what will fit.......... i am trying, series stubs, 110/90 front hubs + flanges with discs, i will report back when everything will start to materialise together.

Grem

Guest diesel_jim

The series hubs and 110 ones should fit OK, as the end of the axle tube is the same.

shoud be more or less a bolt on job to fit the disk brakes to the series axle...

apart from the halfshaft...

although you may find that the series shaft will fit into the 90/110 drive flange (as they're both 24spline) so it should work. :unsure::unsure: