Crystal headlamps on military 90

Hi,

Has anyone got a picture of a military 90 with crystal healdlamps fitted?

Going to put an order into Paddocks in the next day or 2 an I need to order some new lamps in that order but not sure if the crystal ones will look right on a military 90 (ie with no plastic finishers etc) also will the plastic headlamp bowls fit and retain the miltary metal rim etc??

Cheers

Ben

Wipac Crystal from Paddocks, plastic bowl secured into original holes, reflector and fiitings srew into plastic bowl. Military fittings did not mix and match.

Camo wing mirrors courtesy of amorous Bluetits fighting off their reflection :angry:

Regards

post-2553-1211037681_thumb.jpg post-2553-1211037816_thumb.jpg

Great thanks :-)

I ordered the lights yesterday but didnt order the plastic bowls so I'll have to see how it goes!

Wondering if I can fit the lights into the existing metal ones using the metal finesher rings, if they can be called that.... (or is that what you tried? I assume you tried the miltary rings with the plastic bowls and that didnt work...)

Cheers

Ben

I ordered the lights yesterday but didnt order the plastic bowls so I'll have to see how it goes!

Wondering if I can fit the lights into the existing metal ones using the metal finesher rings, if they can be called that.... (or is that what you tried? I assume you tried the miltary rings with the plastic bowls and that didnt work...)

Cheers

Ben

Make sure that they are e-marked lamps. In theory if they are not they should not pass an MoT.

I had a pair of the non e-marked years ago and they produced a carp beam pattern.

Cheers

Ben

Can't remember why the military rings didn't fit the plastic bowls, it might be the military was fastned with 4 screws and the crystals with 3.

Mine are e-marked and I seem to remember reading that all Crystal ones are e-marked now. Great improvement in lighting pattern and brightness compared to my rusty sealed beams :D

regards,

I had trouble getting units to fit into my ex-mil 110. I took old replacement wipac H4 lights, which had lost most of all silvering from bowls over 3 years (without wading)to LR shop. I tried britpart which ended up being range rover or similar and one or two others inc series 3.

finally found a E marked wipac set in polycarb which will fit into ex-mil unit. you will have to use a squashy packing strip around the edge of rear of unit to push them flush against the headlamp rim. I used two lengths of old mouse/keyboard cable cut to length and held in place with a few spots of silicon sealant.

MM4x4 (worcester way) helped with selection of the bulbs.

HTH

Pete

Thanks All,

These were just ordered from Paddocks, and they say E marked on the description so should be ok.. :-)

They should turn up later this week so I will have to see how it goes!

Pete do you have a picture of your packing strip method?? Im hoping as these are Wipac they should be ok to fit into the existing units as youve described....

Cheers

Ben