Bearmach blue polybushes...

freeagent

I'm in the market for a set of Urethane bushes for my 300Tdi disco.... I don't quite have superpro money, so am looking at sensible alternatives...

Its a well known fact that Bearmach Blue polybushes used to be made by Superpro and just re-packaged using UK sourced 'metal bits'... is this still the case?

If so, anyone know the RRP for a set, I've looked at Bearmachs website, but there is no prices.....

Other option is Blue Polybushes (£116 from john Craddock)

Not interested in Red Polybushes (too hard) or Deflex (rather use Edam)

I don't want to start another 'urethane bushes are rubbish' debate, I know what i'm after, just want to be sure they are still Superpro in disguise....

many thanks...

I'm in the market for a set of Urethane bushes for my 300Tdi disco.... I don't quite have superpro money, so am looking at sensible alternatives...

Its a well known fact that Bearmach Blue polybushes used to be made by Superpro and just re-packaged using UK sourced 'metal bits'... is this still the case?

If so, anyone know the RRP for a set, I've looked at Bearmachs website, but there is no prices.....

Other option is Blue Polybushes (£116 from john Craddock)

Not interested in Red Polybushes (too hard) or Deflex (rather use Edam)

I don't want to start another 'urethane bushes are rubbish' debate, I know what i'm after, just want to be sure they are still Superpro in disguise....

many thanks...

They used to be made by Falcrum (AKA Superpro) Who are based and made in Marrooka in Brisbane . But they did the dirty on Beahmarch and started selling them direct to the uk and started selling them cheaper. So bearmach told them where to go about 18 months ago

They are still made in Aus by another company which are better than falcrum. But the metal bits are still made in Wales as they were before

I know this because i found the company that used to replace falcrum for the old owners of Bearmach .The owner of the company that makes them now is a land rover nut and is my landy club

Cheers Ali... so do you reckon that the Bearmach bushes are worth a shot then?

Well i have them in my 90 and disco but have not really beaten cr*p out them yet to find out how they rate . Don't do that much hard core off roading these days

Well i have them in my 90 and disco but have not really beaten cr*p out them yet to find out how they rate . Don't do that much hard core off roading these days

No, neither do I, the disco gets used for the daily commute and for camping/ touring trips.. plus the odd bit off green laning...

Don't forget that Ali and Jules are somewhat biased towards Bearmach

What actually happened was that SuperPro changed the design, some while back, but were stuck in a contract to supply with Bearmach so they continued to supply the old design. The deal ended this last January so Bearmach needed a new manufacturer. SuperPro carried on the development and the kit out now for RRC/Disco?Defender is soo far ahead of the old stuff as to be well ahead of the competition. Bearmachs new supplier supplies the old design but it is made to a decent standard.

SuperPro have almost a million quids worth of stock in the UK - about a mile from where I am typing this; most of this is for other vehicles but they do have shed loads of stock fo LR's. Thier website has the dealers around the UK

Don't forget that Ali and Jules are somewhat biased towards Bearmach

What actually happened was that SuperPro changed the design, some while back, but were stuck in a contract to supply with Bearmach so they continued to supply the old designThe deal ended this last January so Bearmach needed a new manufacturer

:):) Not me . Just telling you the facts as i was told by gary from Bearmach. I used to help them a bit with Aussie stuff

Don't quite have the contacts i used to have with bearmach anymore since garys family sold it. so not biased at all :)

Also disagree with that as i heard from the top at Bearmach as it happen that they were not at all happy with Falcrum and were spitting teeth at what they had done to them after years of importing their product into the Uk . As they decided to open up their own uk distrubution

Alos to let you know it ended alot longer than you think. As i said before about 18 months ago at least

What actually happened was that SuperPro changed the design, some while back, but were stuck in a contract to supply with Bearmach so they continued to supply the old design. The deal ended this last January so Bearmach needed a new manufacturer.

Just Out of interest How did they change the design After all a rear radius arm bush is a bush it has to be a certain design to fit . Same with all the other bushes.

Just Out of interest How did they change the design After all a rear radius arm bush is a bush it has to be a certain design to fit . Same with all the other bushes.

That's where so many people go wrong, a bush is not just a bush. The internals of the bush are not just a hole with a metal sleave and a bolt through it...

You really should gen up on bushes me old pseudo antipodean

That's where so many people go wrong, a bush is not just a bush. The internals of the bush are not just a hole with a metal sleave and a bolt through it...

You really should gen up on bushes me old pseudo antipodean

:):):) ahh in that case i would say they have changed the constuction of the bush and not the design then