Anti-Roll bars and Suspension lifts

Mark

I am in the process of fitting a 2" (ish) lift to my discovery which also has Anti Roll Bars fitted...

I want to keep the ARB's on, so I guess I need to fit spacers to the mounts... with a 2" lift I am assuming I need a 2" spacer???

I ask, because that seems to leave the ARB rather exposed...

Can someone confirm that makes sense?

ta

Mark

When I fitted my 2" lift to the range rover I left the front and rear anti roll bars in place no mods and they seemed fine, the only thing with them is they do limit axle articulation quite a bit and also after I noticed that on the rear on side had the drop bracket bit in the correct place hanging down but the other side was sticking up ( wish I had taken a pic )

I have since taken the 2 arb's off the range rover.

Depending what type of springs your using ( I got OME springs ) you can get away with out them, I don't find there's much diffrence with or without on the road I just now get more axle articulation when offroad.

Guest diesel_jim

I'm fitting ARB's to my project110. i've got a standard 110 on the front, but the back one is a scorprion HD jobbie (well, it's certainly beefier looking than the pipe-cleaner standard 110 one), but its striaght, and the Td5 tank sticks down a bit.

i could fork out for a proper Td5 kinked arm, but instead i just made some spacers up from 50mm box. seems to work OK. although i've not driven it yet (due to the fact it's got no bodywork or engine yet :blink: )

I noticed that on the rear on side had the drop bracket bit in the correct place hanging down but the other side was sticking up ( wish I had taken a pic )

That's not doing to do the roll bar much good. On a defender the problem is that when that happens, it squashes the brake line, which leaks fluid and results in no brakes. :( Not sure about the arrangement on a Disco

I noticed that on the rear on side had the drop bracket bit in the correct place hanging down but the other side was sticking up ( wish I had taken a pic )

Also happened here! Makes the truck drive at a funny angle as well, steering wheel aint straight with it like that.

Take em off, I will be, once my finger has healed from being crushed by a 2.5ton mobile home hitch and a metal car bumper :(

Well, the lift kit is OME and was very good on the 200, but you still noticed the roll a lot more than the 300 with the ARB's. I may yet take them off, but as massive articulation is not what I am after, I will likely knock some spacers up and give them a try.

Not sure I like the idea of the ARB ending up twisted as seems to be being described by a couple of people..

ta

Mark

Mark, rather than pack out the arb mounts could you get the roll bar to axle links lengthened (cut and sleeve perhaps)? Would let you keep the arb but also help to keep it out of harms way.

We noticed the front prop shaft had been rubbing slightly on the ARB when the axle was at full drop.

I made up a couple of 6mm spacers to go between the ARB mounts & chassis to space them out...seems to have cured the rubbing.

I haven't had any issues with the rear end.