Standard springs

Hi,

I've been trying to get info on what would be the best set of springs & shocks to get?

My rig is standard on the front I suspect that they have never been renewed since it was new 10-11 years ago!

When loaded up with camping gear & kitchen sink it tends to wobble a bit round corners!!!

What would be the better set up for a standard front end suspension set up? I'm looking at the OME 751 springs & the N115 shocks, but don't know if these would be good or maybe too hard?

Also would they increase the height drasticlly?

Thanks for any advise

Cheers

Ted

Hi,

I've been trying to get info on what would be the best set of springs & shocks to get?

My rig is standard on the front I suspect that they have never been renewed since it was new 10-11 years ago!

When loaded up with camping gear & kitchen sink it tends to wobble a bit round corners!!!

What would be the better set up for a standard front end suspension set up? I'm looking at the OME 751 springs & the N115 shocks, but don't know if these would be good or maybe too hard?

Also would they increase the height drasticlly?

Thanks for any advise

Cheers

Ted

Ted

I have ome's on my 90 and find them great. Have had them before on defnders but we loaded up our 90 and drove it round Aus loaded up. and the shocks and springs did fine.

Mine we fitted by ARB at Coopers plain (you know Beaudessert road one)

Go and speak to them and they will be able to tell you which ones are best for you car and what you carry in it

Ali

Ted

I have ome's on my 90 and find them great. Have had them before on defnders but we loaded up our 90 and drove it round Aus loaded up. and the shocks and springs did fine.

Mine we fitted by ARB at Coopers plain (you know Beaudessert road one)

Go and speak to them and they will be able to tell you which ones are best for you car and what you carry in it

Ali

Thanks for that Ali.

I was thinking of putting the springs & shocks on myself, so just wanted to pick your brain for the size spring & shock, when you consider that the majority of the time it is unloaded?

PS What time does the State of Origin match start?

Cheers Ted

I've replaced mine with Genuine springs and dampers, which work fine when it's just me, but my 110 rolls a little when loaded, as you'd expect.

I'm going to put in air-assister bags in the rear with an on-board compressor, thereby giving me variable roll stiffness to suit the load, or my mood without giving me a bone-shaking ride all the time when empty.

Matt Savage sells kits for what I consider a very reasonable cost ~£250 all-in ~ with the benefit of the compressor for other jobs.

Thanks for that Ali.

I was thinking of putting the springs & shocks on myself, so just wanted to pick your brain for the size spring & shock, when you consider that the majority of the time it is unloaded?

PS What time does the State of Origin match start?

Cheers Ted

Just go along and ask them what springs you need and what shocks . You can still fit them your self

It started at 8 pm

And we lost the state of origin :angry::angry::angry: Bloody NSW

Oh well have two more games to get them

Depending on how cheap they are there, you cant go far wrong with standard springs.

Do you have a 90 or 110?

If you have a 90 and want to beef the springs up a little, you can use 110 fronts and 90 HD rears

Pretty much guarnetee that ted has a 110 as they only sold 90's for 17 months in Aus and that was Td5 . I have a 90 in Aus and pretty much sad enough to know where all the 90's are in Brisbane . :rolleyes:

I've had OME 761 springs (drivers) and N115 dampers on the front of my 110 for a number of years now. Which has a winch bumper and a MileMarker up front. Couldn't be happier. ;):rolleyes:

Had HD springs as per Land Rover spec previously that are a little bit harder - 225 lbs instead of OME's 200. The lift due to the longer OMEs compared to the HDs was maybe 5-10 mm.

I've had OME 761 springs (drivers) and N115 dampers on the front of my 110 for a number of years now. Which has a winch bumper and a MileMarker up front. Couldn't be happier. ;):rolleyes:

Had HD springs as per Land Rover spec previously that are a little bit harder - 225 lbs instead of OME's 200. The lift due to the longer OMEs compared to the HDs was maybe 5-10 mm.

Thanks all!

It is a 110 sorry keep forgetting to add that :blink: