Engine bay soundproofing

All the soundproofing in my 300, is starting to look a little raggedy now, and I would likle to remove it completely & fit something else.

Who does this stuff? I saw a website called "Noisekiller" but are there any others, preferably where I can order online?

If I left it out altogether, how loud would it be?

Martin,

I''m also looking at soundproofing.

Wright off-road got a very good right up in one of the magazines. but that is only for inside the cab. IIRC they also sell the matting and you can just cut it to size.

Here

Noise Killer also looks like a good option. I emailed them about the product and the full price is £260 inc VAT and carriage.

He can be emailed on steve.bithell@btconnect.com

Pete

I've been using several materials. The noiskiller stuff designed to take out the drumming noise is OK but does come off easily. Best would be a combination of first a layer of anti drumming material and a second of noise deafening foam. I've also fitted a lead blanket but that one is now falling apart (200tdi), mainly because it can not be fitted flat on top of the engine. As soon as there is a contact between enginge blanket and the bonnet material the drumming noise of the engine will become worse. For the rest I've used lead bitumen all over the bodywork. inside doors, underneath, inside the cab etc.

Cheers

Marco

I have the wright off road kit fitted to both of my 90's and it did make a huge difference. Also a mate a work fitted it to his 110 and that also made a noticable improvement. The other thing we did was buy some thick 8mm rubber mat and and fitted this to the rear of the 90 and it killed the drumming sound. You can have a conversation at 70 without shouting at each other now!