One for the V8 guys....

Are all the standard V8's equipped with the same weight flywheel? Ive built myself a 4.6 (using a 3.9 block) which will be mated to an R380. What will be the best flywheel to use and where is the best place to get one? Not many to be seen on fleabay..Is it a 'Rimmers' job, or is it the dreaded stealers :(

Are all the standard V8's equipped with the same weight flywheel? Ive built myself a 4.6 (using a 3.9 block) which will be mated to an R380. What will be the best flywheel to use and where is the best place to get one? Not many to be seen on fleabay..Is it a 'Rimmers' job, or is it the dreaded stealers :(

Cant say which one would be "the best" but I took the flywheel straight off the 3.9 and bolted it to the 4.6 which went into my Disco. No issues.

Best regards

Philip

Most V8 flywheels will be the same, GEMS ones have a pattern in them for the crank position sensor but that's not a problem unless you're using GEMS. Avoid SD1 (car) ones as they're really too light for off-roading.

Martin Toole (Toolie.v8 on eBay) will have one for sensible money, although I can't imagine it'd be hard to locate one perhaps even attached to a dead V8 for a few beer tokens. I paid £50 for a complete engine just for all those little bits and bobs when I built the 4.6 up.