Hey,

After my engine blew up, I now have a disco 200 tdi and a spare head from a defender 200 Tdi. What would you recommend doing with the head? Selling it? Keeping it as a spare? Getting it rebuilt and then replace the existing one?

Pete

How much would that cost all in?

Ya lazy sod ! :lol:

I suggest you send it to Turner, then send it on to me :D

Standard £ 275

performance £ 375

due to unavailability of new cylinder heads, customer's own unit only

Pete, it basically means that you cant ring them up & they will send you either a standard or performance head from off their shelf, because there arent any about.

You send them your head & pay for what ever you require to be done to it, then they send it back.

As for performance......if you can afford it, go for it!

When the time comes, I will do it to my 300. I have done it in the past to other cars. I had a gas flowed head & port matching done to my MX5. Awesome!!

Mart

Which mx-5 have you got?

Pete

I dont have it anymore, unfortunately. I couldn't afford 2 vehicles with poor consumption!! Actually it wasn't that bad as standard, but after I had finished playing with it, it got a bit pricey to drive. It was a Eunos Roadster (Jap import) 1.6 as standard, but with THOUSANDS spent on works, making it VERY fast & handled like a dream. 0-60 in about 7 seconds, top end of about 140.

This is not the place to be talking about it! Ill send you some pics if you like?!

As for performance......if you can afford it, go for it!

When the time comes, I will do it to my 300.

If I ever come across a cheap second head, I'll have it sent to turners and fit it.

Can't really do without the truck for a week or 2 to send them the existing head.

Can't really do without the truck for a week or 2 to send them the existing head.

I'm lucky enough to not need my vehicle on a daily basis, so with a bit of planning, I can get mine done fairly easily.

I'm in no rush though, so I can wait till a time when the head is coming off anyway, and can do it then.