aftermarket (extra) gauges

Iceworx

Just wondered if anyone has fitted any additional gauges to a Disco 1

Ive got oil temp, water temp, oil pressure and boost gauges

now on my 200sx i had a sandwich plate inbetween block and oil filter, does anyone know if there are any of these available to fit the 200tdi

or is there someeasier way of connecting the senders?

thanks

Chris

I haven't fitted extra gauges since the black & white days when i had a mini cooper. That had an oil temp was picked up form a sandwich plate, water temp location exists as does the oil pressure or if not then its the sandwich plate.

I no nothing about on turbos so I can't help with the boost gauge pickup. The gauges u mention are normally for a performance engine so it may be be difficult to get a sandwich plate for a disco tdi.

Sorry I can't help much more but have a look on the web u may find the info u require.

Follow the URL in my sig and you will find an Engine Management System. You can buy the same stuff from X-eng if you like. I don't really want to use this forum to advertise, but you did ask first ....

For the Oil Pressure sender you can remove the oil warning light switch and install an adapter that allows you to T the pressure sender in to the same port, In fact you could probably get an an adapter with three ports that would allow the oil temp sender to be installed in the same place.

Merlin motor sport, Demon Tweeks and other such places all sell them. I think the thread in the oil filter housing is M10 x 1mm female so the adapter will need a M10 x 1mm male port and an M10 x 1mm plus 1 or 2 ports to suit the pressure sender and temperature sender, these often 1/8th NPT.

I have no idea what thread the oil filter is.