Is this clutch really HD??

Guest diesel_jim

Anyone know the prices on these? neither Britparts or Rakeway have them shown....

or is it a case of "if you have to ask, sir, then you can't afford...." :blink:

Anyone know the prices on these? neither Britparts or Rakeway have them shown....

or is it a case of "if you have to ask, sir, then you can't afford...." :blink:

Release bearings are £45+vat, same as paddocks - as for the flywheel, £££, i know if you want the flywheel with clutch from them its approx £1000+vat as i recently asked.

Ummmm, the DA2357HD kit is a heck of a lot less than that from Britpart...but you can't buy direct normally.

Are you sure??

Cheapest i've found it is £400ish which is still a bit steep for my liking especially as there is no proof the clutch plates are actually HD...

Cheapest i've found it is £400ish which is still a bit steep for my liking especially as there is no proof the clutch plates are actually HD...

You said £1000, now you say 400...... I was refuting the 1000...... 400 is a fair mark-up on their list.

edit, I understand your pain as the HD kit for a 200/300 (less flywheel) is around £50

The £1000 clutch isn't a britpart jobbie - its the billet flywheel and HD release bearing from Rakeway with a 10.5" AP racing Organic clutch designed to take massive torque loadings (500ft/lbs).

The £400 is the britpart one, which definitely uses the rakeway release bearing, and possibly the flywheel (altho unconfirmed), but the origin of the clutch cover and plate are somewhat dubious and definitely not the same as the rakeway bits.