Comp Safari 6th July

jules

Hogmoor enclosure 6th July SCOR Comp safari.

Near Bordon

New date and short notice

You can join and race on the same day

Racing all comp classes welcome and scrutineering at 8am ish with start of racing at around 10am ish until about 4pm ish.

I will be racing for the first time in my new car :unsure:

Volunteer marshals welcome.

Hi Jules,

What are requirements for entering this kind of event?

Eg: What if i wanted to race my challenge truck, would it comply? and would i require a licence to race?

Cheers mate

Jim

There are safari regulations on the AWDC website, and yes you would need a £15 licence from the MSA, but you should be able to apply for this on the day if you take the form along.

Roll cage, harness, cut out and helmet are usually the scrutineers primary requirements.

I did a mini safari at Hogmoor a few years back, I think Neil was CofC, and after a couple of laps everyone with standard 205/16 diamonds was getting beached in the water holes. The event was won by someone on 750's, not because they were fast but because they didn't get stuck.

So depending on the course and weather a challenge vehicle could be just the thing!

There are safari regulations on the AWDC website, and yes you would need a £15 licence from the MSA, but you should be able to apply for this on the day if you take the form along.

Roll cage, harness, cut out and helmet are usually the scrutineers primary requirements.

I did a mini safari at Hogmoor a few years back, I think Neil was CofC, and after a couple of laps everyone with standard 205/16 diamonds was getting beached in the water holes. The event was won by someone on 750's, not because they were fast but because they didn't get stuck.

So depending on the course and weather a challenge vehicle could be just the thing!

What he just said :lol:

As long as it gets though scrutineering, If you want to talk to a scrutineer or alike PM me and I will give you some numbers. SCOR scrutineer is active in some of the challenge events srutineering so they will not be new to him.

I've asked Stunning services and he has also offered that he will try to answer any technical cage questions if your want to race your challenge truck

membership is about £25

the event entry is about£40-50 (cant remember if its gone up or not)

Hi Jules,

What are requirements for entering this kind of event?

Eg: What if i wanted to race my challenge truck, would it comply? and would i require a licence to race?

Cheers mate

Jim

Jim

I would assume being the week before Billing you would not want the extra work of cleaning your truck days before the biggest show of the year but come down have a look and see whats racing and talk to some of the officials which would be very happy to talk you trough any questions.

SCOR's primarily known for technical racing mileage and everyone having a good time.

I'm out in a new car for the first time but if I get the chance you are welcome to the co-driver's seat for a lap or two (no promises) but I can probably get you a seat in other cars faster than me so you can get a feeling of how hard you can play in a safe environment with all the support you could need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well that was certainly an eventful day. As a team of marshals we have never been so busy - it was quiet for about half of the first lap, then everything just went crazy. Aside from the usual dead / stuck cars we had a couple of interesting recoveries, made even more challenging by the power-sapping sand - and as a result I am now minus one fully working transfer box :( (are you sure you didn't have it in park jules?). Proof that ARB's aren't always a good thing!

And then Pete fell over ... but made sure he finished his lap to avoid getting a maximum.

post-904-1215377167_thumb.jpg

post-904-1215377180_thumb.jpg

post-904-1215377190_thumb.jpg

post-904-1215377202_thumb.jpg

post-904-1215377211_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Well that was certainly an eventful day. As a team of marshals we have never been so busy - it was quiet for about half of the first lap, then everything just went crazy. Aside from the usual dead / stuck cars we had a couple of interesting recoveries, made even more challenging by the power-sapping sand - and as a result I am now minus one fully working transfer box :( (are you sure you didn't have it in park jules?). Proof that ARB's aren't always a good thing!

And then Pete fell over ... but made sure he finished his lap to avoid getting a maximum.

I was there and Raced! What a fantastic day it was, proper Safari racing! none of this flat field rubbish! only a broken spring to contend with!

Didn't realise pete fell over until i saw the magazine! wondered why he didn't come 1st! even with the split hose!

Anyone racing with southern rovers on sunday at dartford?

Another Fantastic days racing with SCOR! and on a proper Safari site! good mileage good laps and good fun had by all!

Didn't realise Pete fell over till i saw the magazine! wondered why he didn't come first aside from the split hose! and how i came so high!

Is anyone coming up to the Southern rovers comp at dartford sunday?