Swaping a gearbox, how hard?

tjolliffe

Guest noggy

well the pedal box needs to be swapped and other than the obvious changing the box, thats it.

its quite a simple job, but PITA to do.

if you have a auto dona car its much easier as you have something to see how it fits.

There are a few other bits you will need to sort out - kick down cable and bracketry, park inhibitor switch, not sure about propshaft lengths, shifter mounting and trim etc.

Oil cooler rad and pipes will be fun.

Can't think of anthing else at the mo.... :unsure:

Oh, yes I can - automatic vehicles work the brakes a lot harder than manuals due to the lack of engine braking. Front discs are vented on autos, not sure on manuals....

As suggested above, get a donor vehicle as you will spend for ever trying to souce silly little bits that you didn't think about.

Oh, yes I can - automatic vehicles work the brakes a lot harder than manuals due to the lack of engine braking. Front discs are vented on autos, not sure on manuals....

Mine aren't.

Unless you have a particularly mint vehicle forget it & buy one with the transmission you want. It really is more trouble than its worth.