Shocking

imspanners

As I managed to break one of the rear shockers today....

(Bloomin speed humps - "I'm sure it's nothing to do with my off-roading, dear"....!)

I may as well replace the set, so what's everybodys opinion on the shocker market?

I want to try to keep the standard look of my Disco, so don't want to raise

the height with a full lift kit, but may venture into dis-location territory.

Is it worth going for +2" shocks with dis-location cones or

go for standard height and get the Scorpion evolution kit at a later date??

Oh, and suppliers?

Don't want much for Christmas do I??? :D:ph34r:

Seeing as nobody answered I went ahead and bought some Pro-comp ES9000 +2" from John Craddocks (£120 for 4)

Having fitted them and only got an extra 3cm droop, I removed the rear anti-roll bar which gave me an extra 7cm droop, total=10cm.... Cheap fix, and I don't drive fast enough to warrant the roll bar anyway.

The downside = I need re-location cones now as the rear springs come off their seats. B)

I seem to have a problem with the front shocks:

The bottom shocker thread sits very close to the axle body and if I tighten the nut too much, it causes the thread to touch the axle!!

I'm going out tomorrow to get some additional washers, has any-one else had this problem?

I seem to have a problem with the front shocks:

The bottom shocker thread sits very close to the axle body and if I tighten the nut too much, it causes the thread to touch the axle!!

I'm going out tomorrow to get some additional washers, has any-one else had this problem?

Yeh, just trim the pin down with a hacksaw.

Oh, and suppliers?

Got all mine from M&M 4x4 and Paddocks.

Bearmach +2" springs and DeCarbon dampers.

I've got dislocation (or should that actually be 'relocation') cones but haven't fitted them yet, just H/D spring mounts.

Might be able to do you a deal on those in the New Year if i decide i don't need them. ;)