Rear wheel bearing

nokiamutt

Dad some oil leaking on the rear hub , so went and bought a new seal , took out the half shaft to discover a brown dead bearing , im new to this so i was wondering if any one had any tips on replacing the bearing , i have the big nut socket , new oil and gasket, but im unsure on the removal technique or replacement , ??? torque values or how to go about it lol ..... any info would be grately appreciated ..

Err I think he might be in Brecon, Wales - look at the profile!!

Ivan

cheers , i did the wheel bearing last night took it for mot and told me that the other needs doing lol guess ill av to do it all over again <_<

cheers , i did the wheel bearing last night took it for mot and told me that the other needs doing lol guess ill av to do it all over again <_<

easier to do them now you have done one, was the caliper bolts a pain to get back in?

easier to do them now you have done one, was the caliper bolts a pain to get back in?

no im surprised how easy it was , im used to working on japs and audi's so the simple mechannics were an absolute pleasure , thanks for the offer of help , just getting it all sorted for this fridays dayout , also doing the fan heater , dash out job :angry: ....