My back end is not drooping enough!!!

Whilst changing the rear springs on my Discovery the other evening I noticed that as the axle approaches maximum droop, the radius arm is hitting the bracket on the axle and limiting the travel. This happens with the shocks connected as I have 11" OME shocks, and Gwynn's challenge mounts, cranked radius arms and X-springs.

Would I be correct in thinking that I can clearance the bracket on the axle to stop the radius arm hitting, and if so how much material is it safe to remove?

Thanks in advance.

Whilst changing the rear springs on my Discovery the other evening I noticed that as the axle approaches maximum droop, the radius arm is hitting the bracket on the axle and limiting the travel. This happens with the shocks connected as I have 11" OME shocks, and Gwynn's challenge mounts, cranked radius arms and X-springs.

Would I be correct in thinking that I can clearance the bracket on the axle to stop the radius arm hitting, and if so how much material is it safe to remove?

Thanks in advance.

I think your problem might be caused by the axle tilting forward to much when drooping. Have you changed anything on your A-frame? If not, perhaps you should consider an adjustable balljoint, to make sure the axle doesn't tilt too much.

I am sure your correct however to get the casing to be in the correct position at full drop the diff pinion would be pointing up to much at normal ride height.

I have seen arms with the bush mounting off set to presumably stop this happening, However I am skint at the moment so I don't want to have to buy new arms if I can just grind a bit out of the bracket.