Electrical Queries

Two queries:

1) What route does the wiring for the reversing light take from the back of the lamp itself? Does it go sideways, or up or down? The reversing light doesn't work and there is a wire with a connector dangling near the end of the wheel arch (bu%%ered if I can see what it connects to and my hands are too big to reach up and trace the wire's route from the back of the lamp!).

2) The indicators are now variable speed! It's an annoying intermittent fault! Every now and then the indicators go double or treble speed as soon as you lift your foot off the accelerator pedal. The trailer light on the dashboard doen't flash once now either. When the 110 is stationary waiting at lights etc I have to give it a quick rev to bring the lights back to normal.

Thanks

Steve

I'll explain how my 110 300Tdi SW is wired Steve. I don't have a crystal ball to see what you have. :rolleyes:

From the reversing light the wires go up into the vehicle.

Take the cover panel off and have a look at the bundle of wires in the left rear corner.

I take it you have checked the bulb and fuse.

Look for the green/brown wire. It should be connected to a bullit connector.

Check also the earth.

Take the screw out of the body, clean everything up including the ring terminal. Then see if things work.

While in there check the indicator earth. If that doesn't sort them, I think it will. Go to the other side.

IIRC there is also a bullit connector on the right side for the reversing light. So check that if the left doesn't get it to work.

Use a test lamp to see that the wire to the connector is live.

HTH

mike

High speed indicators normally mean that a bulb has failed. You should take all the bulbs out and clean the contacts with emery and spray wd40 into the bulb holders as you seem to have an intermittent fault.

It's a 110 300tdi. I have taken the cover off and checked the bulb & fuse etc.

I tested the wire that is dangling down at the rear of the wheel arch and it is live with the gearbox in reverse. The problem is I just cannot see what/where the connector is supposed to plug into.

As for the indicators: all bulbs are present and correct and it is an intermittent fault.

Steve

What wire ???

The one from the main loom or the one under the back corner of the wheelbox.

There's a bullet connector in the corner. A wire comes from the gearbox switch to that.

Themn from there to the reversing light.

The reversing light has two wires to/from it.

One green, it may have a tracer but I can't remember, the other black.

You can get to the back of the reversing light by sliding your hand up by the back panel. There should be a shield covering the reversing light wiring but there's enough room to get in there.

HTH

mike

reverse light wires are green/brown [feed from switch] & black [earth] from the reverse light into the space behind the rear rubber flap at back of wheel arch, then down to the chassis loom & into the chassis at the inner face of the right rear chasis rail, reappears at the right front chassis then up to the multiplugs near the brake servo.