Alarm going off

Ian M

Try the bonnet switch, I've heard it's possible for the sun or heat change to set off the alarm by causing the bonnet to flex a little.

Normally the bonnet needs adjusting or the switch needs moving.

I think they are a push to make switch, so you should be able to take the two wires off the switch and join them together to bypass the switch.

id also say the bonnet switch as this happened on mine all i did was to pack out the bottom of the switch to move it up a tad and she has been finejust out of interest what colour is yours as mine is black and i was wondering if the colour had anything to do with it as black absorbs more heat than a lighter colour and maybe expanded or distorted a little more?

mate, now thats what i call a cracking action shot!!!! its nice to see a standard looking discovery doing things like that,rather than one thats got loads of lights and is lifted,well in my book anyway.you ought to send it into lro magazine and enter the shot of the month! I hope you get to the bottom of things.