Defender Lights

The full beam flash operated by pulling back on the left column stalk has stopped working. Could this be contacts in the switch or is there a relay somewhere? The full beam comes on when you push the stalk forward just no flash when pulled back.

Thanks

Nick

Probably the stick. They tend to go, mine did. You might be able to take it apart and fix it as it is usually bumps and things cause the wire to come out but if not a new one can be found cheaply.

The contacts do go, if you're careful you can clean them up and poke them about to make a better contact but it's probably delaying the inevitable. If you're poking about in there, do it with the battery disconnected as they're fed by permanent 12v. I used wd40 and a small warding file to clean the contacts and then poked them about to give a bit more "spring". It worked for a bit :unsure:

Had the same problem last year. I cleaned up the contacts in the stalk with a bit of emery cloth & wd40, lasted about 15 minutes. Tried a second time & bent the contacts slightly...lasted another 15 minutes.

Ended up just getting a whole new stalk. They aren't very dear & are easy to fit.