Help required

Hi I'm new to this forum and Defenders in general but hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I need to source a LWB Defender with 11(or more seats) for my business in the French Alps (it's that or a transit type mini bus)

I've been scouring the web for months looking for what looks to be a good one.

Finally I think I've found it, but want an oppinion of someone who knows.

Normally I'd send "that very nice man" or "the 4th emergency service" but can't help thinking that they might be a bit too text book to know if any issue they find is an real issue or not.

So, after all the ramble, is there someone near SW Manchester who has the knowledge, time and inclination to check over a potenial purchase for me please?

I obviously expect to pay for this service.

Many thanks

Sorry, no idea where you would get an 11 seater but having been squeezed into an lwb with 10 seats to get round a ski resort I wouldn't recommend it (especially the front centre seat).

Also, I thought the French law was the same as here in that too many seats and you need a PSV licence of some sort? Mates of mine who ran a chalet in Morzine used to have to take some of the seats out of there transit to avoid getting pulled on the Geneva run.

Cheers,

Steve

Good suggestion wkw..if all else fails then I will...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts SteveBo I have used one as a resort runaroud before and hae found onesuitable....as I'm not doing transfers I won't have to comply with minibus rules and regs!!

Marcellus,

My mate runs 2 Defenders in Les Gets (pretty sure we can see Flaine from there) as do many other English owned/run companies in Les Gets (I spend most of the season on "telephone support").

The "number of seats" is a problem, but locally you seem to be able to do what you like as long as you are in favour with the mayor!

1st season my mate had a Peugeot MPV for transport and it caused no end of problems. Half way through the season he came to the UK for a week and took a 16yr old 110SW back. For round the resort it was ideal but the next year it had an engine refit to 300tdi for the next season and for the 4th season a ground up rebuild on a galvanised chassis.

He now also has a "Foley" 130 CSW. That has 2 removable seats for the Geneva run!

All the Les Gets landrovers run with mechanical and electrical maldies through the winter and any Landrover is going to need care and attention through the season. If you do not clean and treat the chassis it will rust to nothing in around 5 seasons.

If you are buying a "recent" model then Foley and Keith Gott often have LHD in stock and are fairly reputable companies.

Hi I'm new to this forum and Defenders in general but hope someone can point me in the right direction.

You would be better off buying from somewhere like liveridge 4x4 in the west midlands, They only sell land rovers and they have dozens of defenders and I have bought mine from there and their after sales is second to none, Their vehicles are honest and fully inspected and serviced, And to top it off you see the vehicle before they work on it or valet it.

Buy from somewhere who knows what thier doing, They wont risk selling carp to people as thier name is important.

kind regards tris