discovery 300tdi

latchy

hi all mr clever here has parked his discovery on his garden so it cant be towed off to replace head gasket . But while i was at it i thought i would change the timing belt removed everthing but now cant get the bottom pully bolt out tryed with the starter but no joy and i cant move it to use a garage with a air impact gun any idears lads

If you give me a while I will send you the measurements of mine and then maybe you can make one. I have heard of someone making one out of a piece of pipe with four little pipes welded inside. The real thing is very strong, of course.

But if you can get someone to turn you up one, maybe you could sell them cheaper than Difflock and make a killing.

Just to hack you off, I bought mine for R80 which is only about five quid at today's exchange rates.

hi all mr clever here has parked his discovery on his garden so it cant be towed off to replace head gasket . But while i was at it i thought i would change the timing belt removed everthing but now cant get the bottom pully bolt out tryed with the starter but no joy and i cant move it to use a garage with a air impact gun any idears lads

Hi, put car into 5th gear big breaker bar and 27mm (I think) socket and grunt , worked on my brother in laws this weekend, when we changed his timing belt, then two stage tighten it back up when finished. Torque setting and a further 90 degrees,

Yeah, great to put all that torque through a rather weak gearbox and drive train. And the 5th gear is the weakest. If you must do this I would pick 4th. Then you can only break the mainshaft.