DIESEL PUMP

PEASEY

While removing my cam belt for a change i noticed i was getting a small amount of diesel dribbling down the back of the timing belt housing and upon further investigation i traced it to the rear of the injection pump sprocket,when i removed it i could see a crack in the pump casing witch is where its coming from.now my question is what diesel pump will fit it as i dont want to bodge the old one back on.my discovery is a 300 tdi auto,will a manual one fit? im worried because the one i have has an electrical connector and someone mentioned that it could be a edc? to be honest i dont know anything about it so if someone could point me in the right direction i would be greatfull,thanks paul.

Take a photo of it and post it up here it will be either a basic one, an EGR one (basic + some electrical carp) or an EDC (lots of electrical carp) you will need the right pump and if it is an auto it will probably be EDC

A 94 M will be non-EDC, and a cable operated throttle will make sure it's non EDC.

Other things that can help identify are:

An EDC model has the Air Flow meter in the pipe from the airbox, the non-EDC just has a straight pipe.

The EDC model has a boost controller on the bulkhead

The EDC model has a slightly different looking injector on the on one closest to the bulkhead.

Remove the Drivers Side Kick Panel, the EDC model has a large silver ECU located there

EDC Models tend to have Cruise Control, non EDC don't (not sure if the non EDC could have cruise control though)

Look at the pump itself, if the cable pulls an arm on the side of the pump then it is the manual one, if no cables go to it and it just has wires going to it then it is the Electronic Version.

Also look here from when I first got mine:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopi...862&hl=wire

thanks BLACK CAB but mines a 300 tdi and im not sure if the 200 tdi had the same pressure delivery etc as the 300, i have got myself in enough brown stuff already without adding to my probs,i only did the belt because i was bored and had a new one kicking around,but i didnt know when the belt was last changed so i thought it was for the best :( its one of those times when i wished i had left well alone,thanks though mate i didnt even know this site had a for sale section so i will be keeping my beady eye on that cheers.