loss of power

bradsta

my 03 td4 runs great then like today it all of a sudden has no power like someone has switched the turbo off . then if u stop the car switch the engine off start again it runs ok . this is driving me mad can any one help with suggestions :unsure::unsure:

my 03 td4 runs great then like today it all of a sudden has no power like someone has switched the turbo off . then if u stop the car switch the engine off start again it runs ok . this is driving me mad can any one help with suggestions :unsure::unsure:

Have you had a diagnostic check.

(plugged in)

It could be a couple of things

Have you had a diagnostic check.

(plugged in)

It could be a couple of things

You need to plug it in but until then try unplugging the MAF sensor underneath the cover by the air filter if performance is better then that may be your cause

Also list your area in case we can guide you to a decent dealer who can plug in.

Billy

• 2 weeks later...

Had a similar thing with mine - no power when accelerating coupled with a hissing noise in the engine - this was a loose connection on an intercooler hose which leaked all the pressure out generated by the turbo.

tightened clip and sound as a pound again (which in todays economic climate is prob about 3 mins!)