The Key dilemma!!

Hi Everyone.

I have a question for you all, I can't find the answer but I'm sure one of you must have been here before.

I have an 03 td5 90, it was rolled when I got it so I rebuilt it and have put on lift-up handle wind up window doors.

The problem I have now is that I really don't want to have 4 keys, Ignition, Front doors, Rear door and fuel cap.

I know that I will have to have a seperate key for the ignition, but is it possible to key all the doors and filler cap the same? The lift-up handle wind up window barrels are different to any others by the look of them, can you buy a different barrel that takes the normal defender type door key?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

you can get new lock barels in sets of 3 or 5 for the doors, can't get a matching lock for the fuel cap, my 110 had 3 keys from new & still has 3 keys, ign/fuel & doors.

a 3 lock barrel kit is LR part MUC6504 [3 lock barrel & 2 keys]

you can get new lock barels in sets of 3 or 5 for the doors, can't get a matching lock for the fuel cap, my 110 had 3 keys from new & still has 3 keys, ign/fuel & doors.

a 3 lock barrel kit is LR part MUC6504 [3 lock barrel & 2 keys]

Do you know if you can get barrels for the liftup handle, early 110 doors, the barrel is physically different to the later ones and the key is a different shape.

Ah,

my rear door lock opens with a gust of wind and I was looking at either fitting a padlock and hasp or a new set of locks to try and make it a little more secure but wanted a fuel cap that had the same key as the doors, as I have now.

I'm now wondering whether the filler cap isn't the same lock/key but in the great land Rover tradition, opens anyway or am I lucky in that the doors and filler cap are all the same key?

Also, confused about the 5 door lock set. Where would the other locks go? 2 in front, one for the rear load area. Surely the middle doors don't have locks?

/mad

your right no key lock on middle doors, but nothinfg to stop them being fitted if front door handles are used. now you mentioned the fuel cap, IIRC my original used the same key as the doors.

My 300tdi uses the same key for all doors and fuel cap, just different one for the ignition - and this is as it left factory.