Soft Top Pieces

Jon W

I Know this should probably be in the Defender forum but it will get more views in here, and we are due rain tonight so it would be good if I got get it done by then.

I have got the bikini soft top kit from exmoor trim and the instructions that come with it are some what vague. I have had a play around with it and can't seem to get the bolt holes to line up very well. So anyone got any picture of how the windscreen header rail fits or diagrams of it for a Defender 90.

Cheers

Jon

The strip along the top sits with the spring and lock nut on top with the plastic lever under the bar and in the car . The idea is the the roof goes in between the strip and the windscreen surrond. Then you push the plastic lever up into the top of the screen and this clamps the top bit and the windscreen together traping the roof

should look like the front of this when done

PICT0433.JPG

Looking for pics to show you

Ok found a pic for you

Hope this helps

screen.jpg

Bit of advice don't do the lock nut up too tight as you will break the plastic lever. Spoken for experiance

Also i am pretty sure my holes did not line up as they are not surposed to. . Need to get the drill out and make them line up by drilling new ones

All done now thanks, was just a case of putting it together bit by bit, doing it wrong a few times as the header rail was the only problem but got there in the end. Will post pics of the finished product sometime tomorrow when it's day light.

Cheers

Jon