That sinking feeling...

Yesterday I had that sinking feeling that you get when you push a screwdriver into an odd looking spot on the chassis and the screwdriver goes on through!

It is below the point where the offside rear anti-roll bar bracket is attached to the chassis. It is a '92 110.

What is the best plan of attack? Plate it? Should the fuel tank come out for access and safety reasons?

Luckily my brother is a welder by trade...

post-9461-1215084730_thumb.jpg

post-9461-1215084587_thumb.jpg

hi,

If you brother is a welder, then get him to plate it. Remove the bracket, and use some decent thickness of metal. With regards to the fuel tank, you say it would make access better, so you have answered your question yourself. I would always question playing with the extreme heat next to a fuel tank!!!

Regards

Dave

Guest noggy

petrol = drain and remove, diesel just get on with it!

( I am a little redneck... today i was cutting some steel and i sprayed my half fuel petrol tank with sparks...

im surprised im still here :ph34r: )

If the petrol cap is on and there is no leak I would have no issue welding or grinding close to a petrol tank. If it is in the way then move it, but be aware that draining a petrol tank is more dangerous than welding near to it.

Chris