TD5 Disco MPG

therealboss

Ran a few tests and I'm getting 21.5 MPG over a full tank, I use the Disco for work and carry all my tools about in it. Is 21.5 MPG good when full to the brim with tools?

My TD5 Auto has done over 170000 now and is still turning in a steady 30mpg. I regularly tow 2 tonnes and turn in 22/23 mpg then. So if yours is fully laden I don't think you are doing quite as well... maybe you have more hills or a heavier foot!

Thanks for the reply, I think I will have to get it looked at. I drive at about 50 or 60 MPH on the main roads, I have a few hills and NO motorway driving so I thought I should see something like 26/28MPG. I have just taken out 50% of the carp I carry about with me all the time. The other week I removed the EGR valve and removed the big square roof bars and fitted the aero dynamic Landrover roof bars. I also replaced the MAS as it had packed in and I thought that fitting a new one might have helped out the MPG.

Looks like a remap might help, as things stand right now, there is NO black smoke from her, even if I put my foot flat down. I thought all diesels pumped out black smoke if you put your foot flat to the floor, but mine is clean as a whistle.

With diesel prices going up every day, I'll have to do something to get more MPG. As I said before, I need this truck for work and am doing about 500 miles a week, I can't use a van as part of my job I have to drive across fields and up mountains.

I get 19 mpg towing 3.5 tonnes, but normal low would be 22 mpg on fast motorway / around town loaded and 28 mpg light laden on a leisurely long run, so if you're running off road and short journeys it doesn't sound too bad. Oh, mine's a Td5 manual.

I get 19 mpg towing 3.5 tonnes, but normal low would be 22 mpg on fast motorway / around town loaded and 28 mpg light laden on a leisurely long run, so if you're running off road and short journeys it doesn't sound too bad. Oh, mine's a Td5 manual.

My journeys tend to be anything from 3 to 7 miles each way, and once a week up a mountain or across feilds, once a month I have a trip up a big mountain. My Disco is a TD5 Auto, year 2001 with only 75K on her.

Today I removed 50% of the junk I had in her and topped her up to the neck, done 87 miles today and the needle is just under the full mark. I think that it might be getting more MPG now but I will only know at the end of the week when I fill he up again.

My journeys tend to be anything from 3 to 7 miles each way, and once a week up a mountain or across feilds, once a month I have a trip up a big mountain. My Disco is a TD5 Auto, year 2001 with only 75K on her.

Today I removed 50% of the junk I had in her and topped her up to the neck, done 87 miles today and the needle is just under the full mark. I think that it might be getting more MPG now but I will only know at the end of the week when I fill he up again.

Have you replaced the airfilter recently?? Made a big difference to ours.

Cheers

Dave

our td5 manual has had a remap and the egr removed and regularly gets 30-32mpg sat on A roads and motorways at 60-70mph when the wife drives it for work.

When i drive it, drops to around 25-26mpg cos i like the extra power and drive it like i stole it..... ACE and TC is soooo much fun in a big powerful disco!

when towing its about 22mpg.

our td5 manual has had a remap and the egr removed and regularly gets 30-32mpg sat on A roads and motorways at 60-70mph when the wife drives it for work.

When i drive it, drops to around 25-26mpg cos i like the extra power and drive it like i stole it..... ACE and TC is soooo much fun in a big powerful disco!

when towing its about 22mpg.

Just a thought..is your intercooler clean?...ages ago I washed mine out and it made quite a difference all round

hi, my TD5 manual now returns a steady 27-29mpg being driven steadily. Even mixing a bit of car trailer work it does not drop far below 25 if it is driven carefully. When we got it it was 24/25 and the usual filters plus some engine oil anti friction treatment and a fuel injector cleaner made a huge difference.