Disco 2 prop

Hello all,

I bought a disco 2 double cardon prop for £50 as a temporary measure until the real mcCoy can be fitted.

Can someone tell me if the disco 2 double cardon goes on my 200tdi defender as it is?? Raceface mentioned it could need the output flange of the disco, Would that be the two or just one if I do need to swap them.

The only reason im a little confused is at treeblokes On monday I fitted a td5 Double cardon prop off a 90 and it bolted straight on, So is the disco different?

I do promise with hand on heart this is the last propshaft question I will ever post :ph34r:;)

Tris

For an original DII front propshaft, you need a different flange at the TC. There are however plenty of after market double cardons on the market that fit standard Defender flanges.

Changing the flange is very easy though, only real problem is the DII prop does not have greasable U-joints at the double cardon.

Thanks fellas,

A little more digging around in the tech archive confirmed this too, I struggle using the search sometimes.

I phoned the breakers back and he is giving me the transfer box flange with the propshaft as He hasnt posted it yet today, I was lucky to catch him, Other breakers have been intouch with prices ranging from £100 up to the last quote this morning which was £170 seems they hold there money well. He charged a tenner for the transfer box flange and as I said £50 for the DC prop :) Well happy. So thanks for telling me guys.

Tris

PS: Its 1st choice spares I used and its brilliant, Ive had 20 quotes in 30 minutes, So remember them if you need spares Because I think it could help.

Changing the flange is very easy though, only real problem is the DII prop does not have greasable U-joints at the double cardon.
Those are pretty easy to replace with greasable u-joints though. If they are available in the UK, I suggest Neapco 1-0005 u-joints. They have the zerk in the end cap and are much easier to lube on a DC.