can yu take a look at this please chaps

suggs

seem to have a leak of some strange orange paste, looks to be coming from the small rubber hose and running down the rocker cover. its not a fast leak and no signs of it on the drive. does seem more of a thick paste than a oil???.

13072008552.jpg

13072008551.jpg

Looks like waters got into it?? Thats the colour of rust and water, Though I dont know where rust would come from on that part and oil should go milky I guess with water, Have you done any wading :blink: Thats all I can think of and maybe take the hose off to check for water getting in and also check the oil to see what colour that is,

tris

The rocker oil seperator is partially blocked. The material inside is like a steel scouring pad. It starts to rust with natural condensation and the build-up of pressure pushes out an orange gloopy mess, which is oil, water, and rust particles. Take the pipe off and look inside - you will see what I mean.

Les.

Its not oil - its coolant,the hot spot under the throttle body is leaking,common fault on Thor v8's.

yep had a closer look and im pretty sure it is coolent, the hot spot is that the part that the 2 little pipes go to under the throttle housing in the pic, as theres evidence of coolent there, is it just a gasket that normaly leaks..

i have a feeling what Les said is on the otherside of the engine, this is on the passenger side..

14072008561.jpg