Defender double cabs & our four legged friends!

It's a big of an odd one this......

I have a 2008 Double Cab which I used to transport my German Shepherd around in - I had a Trojan back made for it so he couldn't chew his way out of the std canvas back. Cutting a long story short I lost my dog to a brain tumour about a month ago and we are now looking at getting a Leonberger pup. These dogs are massive when fully grown but need to be protected / prevented from jumping up and down into vehicles until they're about 18 months old. I have ordered a "dog door" to fit inside the Trojan so the tailgate (and window) can be opened without the dog getting out but I would like to incorporate some sort of steps or ramp onto the tailgate which would fold away when the tailgate is raised. The dog could weigh iro 75kg.

Has anyone seen or heard of a solution to this or is it just a case of speak to fabricators and see what they can come up with?

I have about 3 months before the pup arrives.

Ta

Mag

It's a big of an odd one this......

I have a 2008 Double Cab which I used to transport my German Shepherd around in - I had a Trojan back made for it so he couldn't chew his way out of the std canvas back. Cutting a long story short I lost my dog to a brain tumour about a month ago and we are now looking at getting a Leonberger pup. These dogs are massive when fully grown but need to be protected / prevented from jumping up and down into vehicles until they're about 18 months old. I have ordered a "dog door" to fit inside the Trojan so the tailgate (and window) can be opened without the dog getting out but I would like to incorporate some sort of steps or ramp onto the tailgate which would fold away when the tailgate is raised. The dog could weigh iro 75kg.

Has anyone seen or heard of a solution to this or is it just a case of speak to fabricators and see what they can come up with?

I have about 3 months before the pup arrives.

Ta

Mag

Not tried it or seen it but remember seeing it in their catalogue.

Try this.. http://www.robinsons-uk.com/products/searc...=ramp#sku.91980

The shop is near manchester. May be worth a run along the 62