Aftermarket steering wheel boss

Need a boss for my three spoke ally leather rim wheel .

Felt sure it would fit as it was off a Mini (british leyland) but too big.

Any one know which cars steering wheels will fit the landy or where I can get a cheap boss.?

Demon tweeks are only £25-30 is that cheap or too spendy?

I suppose that's a bit spendy but I want one :)

Are all Defenders the same spline size or did they change them at all?

I see a lot of Mini bits in the cockpit that's why I thought that the steering wheel would fit - but it dont <_<

the columns are different. 2 types used 36 spline 'thin' & 48 spline 'thick'

this will help steering wheels

Great link ta :)

The wheel I want to use has the thick 48 spline boss fitted and was on my race Mini of years ago and as you know , won't fit my '84 110

post-10430-1216838733_thumb.jpg

It would probably fit the later ones.

Thing is, what pattern did B/L use ? ....they usually mixed and matched parts so what B/L cars had the thinner shaft and 36 splines, that would be interesting to know ?

Need a nerd again :D

Your wheel is not the normal aftermarket pattern, the only ones I have seen are the moutney type and the momo type. Both have 6 holes but different pcd's.

It does look a bit delicate for off roading, I would agree with everyone else that steering wheels need to be fairly heavy duty or you will bend them on steep slopes.

Your wheel is not the normal aftermarket pattern, the only ones I have seen are the moutney type and the momo type. Both have 6 holes but different pcd's.

It does look a bit delicate for off roading, I would agree with everyone else that steering wheels need to be fairly heavy duty or you will bend them on steep slopes.

Eh hem .... I'm a tarmac cowboy :ph34r:

Might put a wheel on the grass now and then but other than pulling my car trailer off the field (which my Isuzu couldn't manage in the wet) , I'm usually on the hard stuff. :D

This wheel is stronger than it looks and it's been driven in anger many times around various race tracks in the past but I think you are right about not leaning on it down a 45 degree incline :blink: probably would bend it !!!

Just that I like the look and feel of it, could drill more mounting point holes in if required I suppose so as it would fit say a mountney boss. :)

I think you want JC520 from here: http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/product_s...=4&page=acc

That's the 19mm spline, £15 + delivery any use ? Not sure if it will fit your wheel though, but I got the boss and a wheel delivered for not far off £50.

Downside with that boss is it is quite deep and puts the wheel a fair bit forward. A date with the grinder/welder coming up in the future I think !

I think you want JC520 from here: http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/product_s...=4&page=acc

That's the 19mm spline, £15 + delivery any use ? Not sure if it will fit your wheel though, but I got the boss and a wheel delivered for not far off £50.

Downside with that boss is it is quite deep and puts the wheel a fair bit forward. A date with the grinder/welder coming up in the future I think !

That looks like it should do the job.....Thanks :)

I only need to drill holes in my wheel to make it fit, no problem. B)

there are 2 main types of boss. there is the new smaller 6 hole pcd and the classic 100mm pcd multi hole (mainly older landys and classic cars)

bearmach sell boss's for most wheels.

speak to devon 4x4 as they are very much in the know on these. for you info a new small centre boss will fit momo, motor lita, mountney and a few othe rwell known brands. the classic boss should fit your wheel

• 2 weeks later...
there are 2 main types of boss. there is the new smaller 6 hole pcd and the classic 100mm pcd multi hole (mainly older landys and classic cars)

bearmach sell boss's for most wheels.

speak to devon 4x4 as they are very much in the know on these. for you info a new small centre boss will fit momo, motor lita, mountney and a few othe rwell known brands. the classic boss should fit your wheel

hi,

got my wheel and boss from landrover4x4parts in exeter,on souton park by the motorway services,wheel was £21 and the boss was £12.50p

cheers

steve...