hi guys,

has anyone put rangerover springs on a 90 ie: fronts on rear! rears on front,mate of mine turned up

tonight with it done,lets just say 2" lift for £55,cant be a good setup surley????

cheers

steve...

I ran RRC springs on my 90 for a brief period last year, but mounted as should be (front in front, rear in rear).

If anything, my Defender appeared a bit lower. Ride was improved somewhat, but bodyroll was quite bad.

I don't think +2" is possibel with standard RRC springs, in fact some people run springs from a 90 on their RRC to gain a bit of height.

I run 4 of the red/white Police spec RR springs on my 90. It was a Hardtop, now kingcab.

They are perfect for the front I find. I have a winch and the extra length and very slightly stiffer rating over 90 std springs meant I got a good lift and kept supple suspension.

For the rear they are a little soft. When unloaded it sits well but soon drops when weight added. They are also soft for lots of road driving. If you suffer sea sickness, I would avoid them! Mine is used mainly for comps and just travelling to the events so I put up with it. If used more regularly or for towing, I would say it doesn't work.

For the money, it was a great set up. Just wish they could be a bit stiffer on the rear.

Cheers,

i had red/whites all round on my 90 at one point, giving about a 2" lift front and back.

perfect on the front - still use em. They are about the same spring rate as standard 90 fronts, just alot longer giving a nice 2" lift and almost standard road manners. Offroad they are great.

But they were way too soft on the rear - wallowed and leaned like mad on corners and sideslopes were a little scary!

ISTR defender rears are 225lbs/inch and 15.5" long, red/whites are 170lbs/inch and 17.5" long - so although nice and long, they are 25% softer...

So i stuck some military disco rears on, bit shorter than the rangie springs - but a bit stiffer than standard 90 springs. 2" lift and seem to be working well.

i had red/whites all round on my 90 at one point, giving about a 2" lift front and back.

perfect on the front - still use em. They are about the same spring rate as standard 90 fronts, just alot longer giving a nice 2" lift and almost standard road manners. Offroad they are great.

But they were way too soft on the rear - wallowed and leaned like mad on corners and sideslopes were a little scary!

ISTR defender rears are 225lbs/inch and 15.5" long, red/whites are 170lbs/inch and 17.5" long - so although nice and long, they are 25% softer...

So i stuck some military disco rears on, bit shorter than the rangie springs - but a bit stiffer than standard 90 springs. 2" lift and seem to be working well.

so what are you saying chaps,hes not gone mad,and if you put HD police springs the wrong way round! it works :-)

well thats a new one on me ha ha

cheers

steve...