electrical problem!!!!

Evening all,

i have got an electrical gremlin on my 90 which i have just rebuilt, the radio cuts out any time that i turn on the lights, press the brake peddal, put in th eindicators, etc... any ideas? i have tried wiring the radio directly to the battery but get the same fault.

its an 1986 90

colin

Guest diesel_jim

earth.gif

Or to put it another way....

soil.jpg

In case you havn't guessed.....

Earth

Must be something to do with the lights, if you've connected the stereo directly to the battery.

check the bulkhead earth is connected (or just fit ojne, for peace of mind)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks guys will get on it.

colin

Did it work? I've just fitted LED front side-lights and have exactly the same issue - and having done a bit of a search it seems it is fairly common, and that most people just give up and take them out. Surely there must be a fix....?

Did it work? I've just fitted LED front side-lights and have exactly the same issue - and having done a bit of a search it seems it is fairly common, and that most people just give up and take them out. Surely there must be a fix....?

only just got back from holiday so havent had a chance to have a look and will let you know.

will try earthing directly from the bulkhead to the negative terminal on the battery.

colin