CHASSIS WELDING HELP NEEDED

Swifty oh no

The lovely MOT man has been kind to me for the last three years in passing the lightweight. There is some serious rust in the rear crossmember and a small hole beteeen the rear spring supports on one side. He has always let it go but last time he said that he couldn't again and I must get it sorted before the mext MOT which is fair enough I guess as he has been good enough to let it go for the last three years.

I have never done any welding in my life so the question is this.

Is there anybody out there willing to lend me hand with this for some beer tokens?

I would obviously buy all the bits needed (rear quarter I suspect) remove what bits need removing or moving and replace it all. I just need soemone to actually help me cut off the old stuff line up and weld the new.

I don't have a garage and don't really think it is a starter to do it in the road outside my house although I can borrow a mates garage for a few of days if needs be but it has no power or light.

I am willing to drive the truck to wherever as long as it is not 'kin miles from me in Twickenham. Alternatively I could sort the garage and someone could come to me if preferred.

As I said beer tokens for the help and tea and grub for as long as the job takes.

Ta muchly in advance.

The lovely MOT man has been kind to me for the last three years in passing the lightweight. There is some serious rust in the rear crossmember and a small hole beteeen the rear spring supports on one side. He has always let it go but last time he said that he couldn't again and I must get it sorted before the mext MOT which is fair enough I guess as he has been good enough to let it go for the last three years.

I have never done any welding in my life so the question is this.

Is there anybody out there willing to lend me hand with this for some beer tokens?

I would obviously buy all the bits needed (rear quarter I suspect) remove what bits need removing or moving and replace it all. I just need soemone to actually help me cut off the old stuff line up and weld the new.

I don't have a garage and don't really think it is a starter to do it in the road outside my house although I can borrow a mates garage for a few of days if needs be but it has no power or light.

I am willing to drive the truck to wherever as long as it is not 'kin miles from me in Twickenham. Alternatively I could sort the garage and someone could come to me if preferred.

As I said beer tokens for the help and tea and grub for as long as the job takes.

Ta muchly in advance.

i'm too far from you (manchester), but i do have a spare (new) rear crossmember that is surplus to requirements.

Gordon

Thats what I thought as well to be honest for tthe reason you have mentioned.

Ah good, sorry, wasn't 100% clear by what you meant there....

There's a bit of a thread here with some helpful advice, mainly with prep-work and access... would save you some cash if you end up paying someone to do it.