Bobtail

have managed to get some ROCCIA extended wheel arches :lol:

The fitting instructions are at best sketchy :blink:

Anyone fitted these type and problems i should be aware of :unsure:

Whats the best type of fixing method pop rivet/ bolt /self tappers

Any help gratefully received

Cheers

Jim

I used self tappers, and I didn't use the instructions. Basically, measure twice cut once. Just take your time. It is much easier with two people doing it so try to get assistance if you can. I left approx 20mm lip all the way around the arch. To do this I used a drywipe marker, held the arch in place and drew round it, then moved the arch down 20mm and marked again. I will be filling my rear doors with expanding foam.

HTH

i have a range rover with a three inch lift (springs), procomp shocks (though will be changed soon) and some massively cut wings to fit 35/12.50 R16.5 BFG AT's (will be simex soon, but i need it for a bit of road work aswell)

i haven't had it fully articulated on the drive yet to check, but the only time it has rubbed is when i dropped a spring and bent a trailing arm on a lane. (used by a tractor regularly).

23082008253.jpg

07082008189.jpg

Self tappers was the way i was leaning

And in the destructions it says to leavs 10mm lip

What will the difference be?

Cheers

Jim

10mm means you just have to work to a closer tolerance really. I left 20mm as that was more than enough taken off for the tyres to clear them on articulation. The only problem was the rears as they had alot more than 20mm left on them, otherwise you will see a rather large hole appear, and alot of daylight! On the rears I just took a little bit off at the time, still working towards that line that was marked out but just making sure you don't break through into the car! It never got anywhere near the marked line but there is still more than enough room there.

Errrrrrrr.............I have self tappers and on my fibreglass arches they are solid. I have slid into a bank hitting the fibreglass arch really quite hard and instead of the fibreglass cracking or ripping the threads out etc. it pushed he wing in quite far, bending it up alot :o Still at least I now know that my arches are secure :)

what do you guys do about the front arch liners (if they are the same as discovery ones?) I dont particularly wish to encourage mud to fly up the inside of my front wings.

cheers

jim

nothing. i don't have them there( RRC).

But mate of mine put same arches to his Discovery I and if i remember well he gave them away.