The 3 Amigoes T/C, HDC & ABS

Froggie

Hi All

I am sure this thread about THE 3 AMIGOES has been aired a number of times, however all that people seem to mention is the ABS sensors.

I recently had my Disco checked on a Launch 431 system and the following faults were found:-

Pump failure 1 (monitor line)

Pump failure 3 (pump sticking)

Shuttle valve switch failure.

I am led to believe that it means the ABS Modulator is at fault.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Steve

I think I have, £345 + £100 surcharge until the old one is returned see attached link

http://www.autotekelectronics.com/public/p...ch=Find+my+Part

Let me know if you think it is the right part

No it isn't - that is the ABS modulator for a 300Tdi Discovery, which doesn't have ETC fitted, only the ABS. The one you need is similar (i.e. it is a modulator) but not the same part. You need one for a D2 and offhand I don't even think all the D2 ones are the same. I don't have time to check for a part number right now but I am sure Raphl (western) will be along shortly :)

nicks90, in your case, preferably a later MY modulator not a similar year (2000). The modulators changed a bit through the years. They are all interchangeable so no worries here.

The part# was SRB101201, then SRB101202 and currently SRB101203.

Here's what it says on an early modulator:

post-1725-1221832758_thumb.jpg

WABCO 003 1998 -> modulator manuf year

478 407 020 0 -> Wabco part#/series

SRB 101201 98 -> LR part# and modulator manuf year

There's also another part# that doesn't show in the parts manual, also found on (not so) late Discos, I need to check my archive for it (something with 55?)

As for the options, it depends on the fault code. If it's the dreaded "shuttle valve switch (electrical) failure" then there's a TSB on how to deal with it (if someone needs it, let me know, I need to dig in the archive for it).

Depending on the results of the tests, maybe you can get away with the SWO500030 - "ABS Modulator Shuttle Valve repair kit" (30 quid) or the SWO500040 - "ABS Modulator valve kit" (400 quid).

As for Froggie's faults, I would prefer to read the fault codes with Nanocom, Testbook, Rovacom, autologic gear, i.e the ones that use the LR protocol. I wouldn't rely on the OBD codes (probably they're right, but you never know).

It's very unusual that the pump failed together with the SVS (Shuttle Valve Switch).

So I would suspect:

- modulator not properly grounded (the wire & connector below the main connector to the modulator - check both ends)

- wiring loom/connectors between ABS computer and modulator.

In other words, start with the simple thing first then check the SVS & coils as per TSB.

nicks90, in your case, preferably a later MY modulator not a similar year (2000). The modulators changed a bit through the years. They are all interchangeable so no worries here.

The part# was SRB101201, then SRB101202 and currently SRB101203.

Here's what it says on an early modulator:

post-1725-1221832758_thumb.jpg

WABCO 003 1998 -> modulator manuf year

478 407 020 0 -> Wabco part#/series

SRB 101201 98 -> LR part# and modulator manuf year

There's also another part# that doesn't show in the parts manual, also found on (not so) late Discos, I need to check my archive for it (something with 55?)

As for the options, it depends on the fault code. If it's the dreaded "shuttle valve switch (electrical) failure" then there's a TSB on how to deal with it (if someone needs it, let me know, I need to dig in the archive for it).

Depending on the results of the tests, maybe you can get away with the SWO500030 - "ABS Modulator Shuttle Valve repair kit" (30 quid) or the SWO500040 - "ABS Modulator valve kit" (400 quid).

As for Froggie's faults, I would prefer to read the fault codes with Nanocom, Testbook, Rovacom, autologic gear, i.e the ones that use the LR protocol. I wouldn't rely on the OBD codes (probably they're right, but you never know).

It's very unusual that the pump failed together with the SVS (Shuttle Valve Switch).

So I would suspect:

- modulator not properly grounded (the wire & connector below the main connector to the modulator - check both ends)

- wiring loom/connectors between ABS computer and modulator.

In other words, start with the simple thing first then check the SVS & coils as per TSB.

guys

thanks for all your help

I am waiting for my NANACOM to be delivered so will be able to post the proper LR codes if any one is interested.

guys

thanks for all your help

I am waiting for my NANACOM to be delivered so will be able to post the proper LR codes if any one is interested.

CIPX2, if there is any chance you could get me the TSB i would be v grateful

... here are the nanocom faults

The SLABS ecu contain the following faults:

FAULT 01-01 no fault 169 times

FAULT 27-05 shuttle valve switch electrical failure INTERMIT. 254 times

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I have recently had some abs warnings and on connecting my NanoCom I see..

27-05 Shuttle valve switch electrical failure intermittent 254

31-04 Compressor relay power amplifier open circuit intermittent 2

Having read this post, I too would be interested in the test procedures.

Earth problem... yes could be. I have to have the ignition on but not engine running to get to the SLABS module.

Otherwise NanoCom tells me there is a communication failure. Mattia (NanoCom) gave me the hint.

I have cleared the faults so will be able to see if they come back. I did remove the ABS relays when looking to solve another issue - could this cause fault 31-04 ?

Can someone please supply photos/description of which EarthPoints I need to check/clean ? (Bothe for the SLABS ecu and the Shuttle Value Switch.

thanks,

Simon

1999 DISCO II SLS, ACE, old wires etc :(

I have to have the ignition on but not engine running to get to the SLABS module.

That's normal, you have to have the ignition on to diagnose most systems otherwise if they were on all the time you'd spend a lot of time with a battery charger :)

That's normal, you have to have the ignition on to diagnose most systems otherwise if they were on all the time you'd spend a lot of time with a battery charger :)

Hiya BigMonster,

I agree, but I would have liked to be able to access the SLABS ecu with the engine ON !

Now that I have the earth points, I'll clean them all and hopefully the problem will be fixed.

Cheers

Simon