Bulkhead pillars and Floor Pans

mwy1964

Hi all, some quick welding advice needed... Having now almost completed the cutting and replacing of the Bulkhead Pillars and Floorpans, all be it held in place with pop rivets and bolts where appropriate. I need advice on how this should be welded up... So should these be stitch welded, continuous or rose/spot welded to meet the requirements of the MOT man... My view is that stitch would be OK as it is not load bearing compared to the chassis, for example...

After working on this for the last few months when weather and time allow its now great having doors that shut without slamming and lifting and almost perfect door gaps. However it has made me realise that Land Rovers tolerances were somewhat questionable on the Series 3, at some points I have found variations of 1/4 inch side to side which have now been corrected. I wont even start bitching on the quality of replacement parts which are frankly at best bad and at worst C@%P... Beggars cant be choosers though....

Look forward to your advice.

Mark....

I fully weld too - mostly to prevent rust, but stitching is how they were put on originally.

Les.

I would and do fully weld everything, whether needed or not, helps stop the ingress of water and helps keep the dreaded tin worm away.

Keith