Towing a RR auto

builderbob

Please don't shoot me down but new member and about to ask a stupid question.

I've had Landy's for many years and an familiar with them but I have just 'acquired' a 1988 3.5 RR automatic with LPG conversion. However it won't start.

It broke down on a friend and has been stored for a couple of months 30 miles away from me. He has now 'given' it to me.

I want to tow it back to my gaff, so like a Landy can I just disconnect both driveshafts to the fornt and rear diffs and tow away or do I need to do anything else ?

Cheers

Iain

:blink:

From the LR handbook (this is for LT230 type transfer boxes NOT BW with viscous coupling)

Towing the Range Rover (on four wheels)

Set the main gearbox in neutral and set the transfer box in neutral with differential unlocked.

Set the ignition/steering lock in position 'I', to release the steering lock.

Secure towing attachment to the vehicle.

Release the handbrake.

It also states that if the vehicle is towed with one axle suspended the propshaft of the trailed axle must be removed.

well your rr is similar to mine... mines an 89 bob pickup tho...

anyway i got towed across a whole offroad site and shunted up my trailer in P and N on tbox and then shunted around tha farm for 3 months as it was inda way... and it will be a BW box...

if it conked out after a big bump make sure the plugs are still in the alarm... thats what immobilised mine for 3 months...

these are ace offroad...be careful with the electrics though