GreenLanes- Sussex/Hanmpshire

jon888999

Hi.

I used to green lane loads in the late 80's. in a series 2a. Now i've got a discovery and fixed the floor.

I've been out a few times but most of the green lanes we used to use are either shut or don't appear to be used much.

Went a long the downs, between Harting and Cocking, halfway a long it appeared that it was also shut allthough didn't see any signs at the end, so was too late.

Anyway any ideas? Looking in the Petersfield, Midhurst, Liphook, Emsworth, Chichester area east meon etc.

Know loads of lanes but not sure of the ststus of them.

My Discovery is a 200 standard except fo MT tyres. Not too worried about scratches etc.

Thanks any ideas? Or anybody want to go on a greenlane expedition?

Hi.

I used to green lane loads in the late 80's. in a series 2a. Now i've got a discovery and fixed the floor.

I've been out a few times but most of the green lanes we used to use are either shut or don't appear to be used much.

Went a long the downs, between Harting and Cocking, halfway a long it appeared that it was also shut allthough didn't see any signs at the end, so was too late.

Anyway any ideas? Looking in the Petersfield, Midhurst, Liphook, Emsworth, Chichester area east meon etc.

My Discovery is a 200 standard except fo MT tyres. Not too worried about scratches etc.

Shires LRC will be your best bet on that.

Other members a little more in your area will be along shortly, no doubt.

Hi there

Best place to start is on the Ordnance Survey (the orange Explorer ones are best) maps of the areas and the Rights of Way sections of the County Council websites. Hants has a really good one with an online map HCC

Vehicles are allowed on Byways Open to All Traffic or BOATS for short (Marked as ++++ on the maps) unless they are closed temporarily or permanently through a TRO (Traffic Regulation Order) - Hants TROs are listed on their website above

I would recommend hooking up with people who know the areas well and can show you the lanes that are "legal"....you'll find that most the of South Downs Way is now off limits for vehicles due to the lanes being downgraded to Restricted Byways after the NERC Act (Governments!!!). This is especially the case in West Sussex where there are b*gger all BOATs.

I hope that helps.

I know the lanes around P'field quite well and got OS maps marked up. Drove a new one yesterday :rolleyes:

Cheers

Rob

Hi there

Best place to start is on the Ordnance Survey (the orange Explorer ones are best) maps of the areas and the Rights of Way sections of the County Council websites. Hants has a really good one with an online map HCC

Vehicles are allowed on Byways Open to All Traffic or BOATS for short (Marked as ++++ on the maps) unless they are closed temporarily or permanently through a TRO (Traffic Regulation Order) - Hants TROs are listed on their website above

I would recommend hooking up with people who know the areas well and can show you the lanes that are "legal"....you'll find that most the of South Downs Way is now off limits for vehicles due to the lanes being downgraded to Restricted Byways after the NERC Act (Governments!!!). This is especially the case in West Sussex where there are b*gger all BOATs.

I hope that helps.

I know the lanes around P'field quite well and got OS maps marked up. Drove a new one yesterday :rolleyes:

Cheers

Rob

Thanks to all who've replied.

Jon

I go out a lot in Sussex and have been up into Hampshire and in a week or so when my rear axle is back on your welcome to come along with me and my mate in his disco

Hi, That would be great. Let me know when, where etc.

Cheers Jon

Hi, That would be great. Let me know when, where etc.

Cheers Jon

I will PM you, normally we're out every weekend but I am fitting an 11" Llama4x4 suspension kit and axles + front and rear lockers so have been off the road.

Hopefully I will be done for next weekend but will let you know

Steve

I will PM you, normally we're out every weekend but I am fitting an 11" Llama4x4 suspension kit and axles + front and rear lockers so have been off the road.

Hopefully I will be done for next weekend but will let you know

Steve

Just wondered if you know Niel who used to work for ASS Ltd? He used to go greenlaning with some lads from Worthing?

Hi.

Jon

You might also want to try CORE 4x4 near Emsworth once a month....? CORE 4x4

A few us might be going on 16th of this month....you can go as gentle or severe as you desire :rolleyes:

Shire LRC also have a new site nr Rowlands Castle - Oct 26th.

HTH

Rob

Hi.

check the calendar here www.fourwheeldriveclub.com - often out and about in Hants & Surrey ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Jon

A few us might be going on 16th of this month....you can go as gentle or severe as you desire :rolleyes:

HTH

Rob

Thanks Rob, Went on Sunday it was great!

Broke my seat though! Got a concrete block under it now!

Jon

HTH

Rob

Just wondered if anybody has any pictures from Core last Sunday that they could send me? Specificially of the K reg green disco with rusty bumpers? LOL. 2 boys in the back want to show the pictures off at school etc! The plate is K90J--, with a big bloke driving with no hair! Well not on his head!!

Just wondered if anybody has any pictures from Core last Sunday that they could send me? Specificially of the K reg green disco with rusty bumpers? LOL. 2 boys in the back want to show the pictures off at school etc! The plate is K90J--, with a big bloke driving with no hair! Well not on his head!!

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures but had a good wander round in the Classic for a few hours. First visit to CORE and really liked it. The clay was a s*d to clean off that evening though :angry:

• 2 weeks later...