35" creepy crawlers-how much?

reggie

:D:D:D

nice one

how are you at welding and modding if they are a problem at the back cut the old ones out and make your own just a thought

dave

Not very good, but my mate is & its his fault I bought them this big as I was only going for 33s & he convinced me otherwise.

You reading this Mark...................you got your grinder ready?

:D:D:D

nice one

how are you at welding and modding if they are a problem at the back cut the old ones out and make your own just a thought

dave

I hope it doesn't require that amount of work to fit, I don't fancy tubbing the rear arches like an american hot rod although, it is a good way to overcome clearance issues though but lots of work. Its enough work just fitting arches neatly, the rear doors are a pain to trim & seal up, much much easier on a 3-door.

Hopefully the extended bump stops, body lift & rim offset will suffice. But guess will just have to trial fit them & remove a spring to see the axle at full bump. Hopefully it'll have some clearance, they are only an extra inch closer to the body than when fitting 35's. How bad can it be???

Tyres should be great, not as good a Simex ET's but at least they should be reasonable on the road.

You didn't exactly take much convincing, I just mentioned that they are the tires I was thinking about buying.

Almost irresistable at that price aswell, will have see what they look like soon, I'll probably buy a set then :P

On a RRC I think you will have really compromised front articulation as the bulkhead will get in the way with tyres that big.

The rear is more manageable as you can cut more out more easily!! :lol:

I hope you are investing heavily in your axles as the standard bits wont last 5 mins with those :blink:

Be sure to post up pics as we all want to see.... :rolleyes:

On a RRC I think you will have really compromised front articulation as the bulkhead will get in the way with tyres that big.

The rear is more manageable as you can cut more out more easily!! :lol:

I hope you are investing heavily in your axles as the standard bits wont last 5 mins with those :blink:

Be sure to post up pics as we all want to see.... :rolleyes:

I thought the Bulkhead wouldn't cause any issues with std flex on the front end. Anti-Roll Bars, 2" HD Springs, 2" Body Lift & extended bump stops (only an inch I believe). The front doesn't flex very well anyway.

I have a RRC Bobtail on 32's that has the roll cage support (4"x4" Box Section) between the wheel & footwells which doesn't rub.

37's are only an extra 2.5" all the way around.

I aggree that if you modify the front to increase the flex you'll end up needing to cut lots & lots of the inner arches out but as this is driven on the roads quite a bit it needs to remain reasonably stable, so softer springs, or a modified link suspension setup is probably not an option at this stage..

Oh well guess it will be apparent soon how much work is required to make them fit.

Will have to upload a few pictures or the work in progress.

I'd be interested of some before and after pics :)

One thing I will say is I have a set of creepys and I'm really really pleased with them! They aren't too bad on the road and if you air them down they seem to be pretty awesome off road.

I'd be interested of some before and after pics :)

One thing I will say is I have a set of creepys and I'm really really pleased with them! They aren't too bad on the road and if you air them down they seem to be pretty awesome off road.

No worries I'll post some before & after pics.

It looks ok, untill it starts breaking CV and shafts.

Paul

Well we all know what comes from modification..................................more modification.

Anyway it will still look good with a broken half shaft, just won't be able to drive it for a while......... :blink:

I've just been looking around at whats available to replace the broken shafts etc that I'm going to have.......... :unsure:

It seems Ashcrofts are the best, just been reading a post about KAM shafts etc & they didn't get rated very well at all.

I don't know if anyone else does these parts but I'm sure I will need HD shafts & CV s pretty soon.

I may put a new post up when I need some.

Interesting read but as I'm not a wielder/ fabricator fitting TLC axles would be too much work for me alone.

I see why people would fit them though considering the cost of replacing the LR stuff. Not to sure what I'll do yet.

Hi Reggie I got 37 crawlers under my RRC but it has got a 2" body lift & 2" spring lift I make the arches on the car in either carbon kevlar or fibreglass and the tyres clear the front arches no problems

post-2683-1223583645_thumb.jpg

Hi Reggie I got 37 crawlers under my RRC but it has got a 2" body lift & 2" spring lift I make the arches on the car in either carbon kevlar or fibreglass and the tyres clear the front arches no problems

That's promising news as I've got the same set up, 2" body & 2" spring lift.

Getting up early tomorrow as I'll be cutting the arches so I can fit them on at least. I haven't got any arches yet so I will be cutting as little as poss untill I get hold of some.

What about drive train, what are you using?