Rear knocking

This afternoon the 110 developed a loud knocking from what sounds like the rear nearside wheel. It speeds up as the vehicle does and can shake everything around 30ish. Strangely though it goes away when you put power down and accelerate. I have consulted my Haynes which suggests a worn hub bearing.. can anyone confirm this or suggest what it may be?

This afternoon the 110 developed a loud knocking from what sounds like the rear nearside wheel. It speeds up as the vehicle does and can shake everything around 30ish. Strangely though it goes away when you put power down and accelerate. I have consulted my Haynes which suggests a worn hub bearing.. can anyone confirm this or suggest what it may be?

Worn out shock bushes allowing the rear axle to tramp, with very bad bushes you might be getting metal to metal contact hence the knocking.

climb underneath and check for excessive play in the props, or see if they are hot after a run.

jack the wheel up and see if it rocks side to side with excessive play to check bearings,

A frame ball joint, or bushes check with a pry bar to see how much movement they have.

does it do it on smooth and rough surfaces? fully loaded and empty?