english LR in France

clarkie2772

Hi, you can re-register it.

I would advise you to keep it as standard as possible until you have done so - apparently they ask for lots of seemingly stupid details, like dimensions, when you try to register it as French (despite it being a production car that they know the details of already). I think you'll have difficulties if anything doesn't match the factory spec.

Expect bureaucracy. ;)

Al.

You will need the registration documetns (V5), the certificate of conformity (you can have it from LR France for ??? Euros),

No major modifications to pass the control technique (Frent MOT)... be careful about tyre size (no more than 3 or 5% off the OEM size)

and as said before, you can ask question on the french forum www.landmania.com/forum

Hi Marc,

Like da guys say, landmania is the place for info...

Last time I did this, you needed a 'quitus fiscale' from the local tax office (it's free, and certifies that the tax you don't owe has not been paid, if you see what I mean); an 'attestation de conformité' from LR France (whose number was 01 61 01 62 61; they will want a copy of the V5 + a few other pieces of simple info + a cheque for €125); a valid 'controle technique' (like expat69 says, no worries there if not modified, 'cept you may have to change yr headlights). Once you've got all those bits of paper together, a trip to the guichet at the local prefecture (where you need to fill out another form) should be enough to get you a new French reg, opening the path to parking tickets, speeding fines etc etc...

Bonne chance

Giles

Hi Marc,

Like da guys say, landmania is the place for info...

Last time I did this, you needed a 'quitus fiscale' from the local tax office (it's free, and certifies that the tax you don't owe has not been paid, if you see what I mean); an 'attestation de conformité' from LR France (whose number was 01 61 01 62 61; they will want a copy of the V5 + a few other pieces of simple info + a cheque for €125); a valid 'controle technique' (like expat69 says, no worries there if not modified, 'cept you may have to change yr headlights). Once you've got all those bits of paper together, a trip to the guichet at the local prefecture (where you need to fill out another form) should be enough to get you a new French reg, opening the path to parking tickets, speeding fines etc etc...

Bonne chance

Giles

salut Giles

parfait merci bien

all the best Marc