Need some stainless Exhaust pipe

muddy

I have a custom exhaust to make for a mates 90 and am struggleing to find some stainless pipe, 304 would be nice. I also will be needing some flanges (ooh err :lol: ) and i dont seem to be able to find them anywhere at a half decent price.

Finaly i found some exhaust pipe expanders on ebay for about £30, does anyone have any experience of these? As if i cant find any decent flanges then expanding the tube and using clamps is gonna be the way forward.

Cheers, Will.

I thought I'd add that although many folk seem to advice that TD's don't need silencers because the turbo strangles the noise, I started mine up last night for the first time and was quite surprised at how loud it was. That is using mild steel, 2", straight through and out the back. :blush:

I need to see what it sounds like once the bodywork is on and she's out the workshop but might have to think about putting an ickle silencer in there somewhere :P

Cheers folks,

At the moment it looks like a toss up between jetex and a place on ebay, is the jetex stuff 304 grade i cant see it listed on their site :unsure:

The next fun is gonna be trying to weld it, dont mind buying stainless wire but splashing out on summat other than argo universal might be abit too much :lol:

Will.

If it was 304 I would think they would be telling you.

Gaza

Why?? 304 is pretty standard for exhausts, if it was 316 however then i'd exdpect them to be shouting about it, and offering bank loans for the purchase too!!

The next fun is gonna be trying to weld it, dont mind buying stainless wire but splashing out on summat other than argo universal might be abit too much :lol:

Will.

no need to change gas, it will weld fine with stainless wire & argo

pipecenter warrington for 304/316 bends and straight Glynese is the lady to speak to

Congleton lazer for flanges (most are on file)

Birchills automotive for spun boxes

I have numbers for all if you wish

I used to own/run www.tubetorque.co.uk ;)