military crossmember holes

TheHarv

Guest l90truck
Can anyone tell me what these (tapped reinforcers) are for on the underside of the Defender mil crossmember?

Do the Series mil crossmembers have them too?

post-4308-1223643584_thumb.jpg

post-4308-1223643598_thumb.jpg

dixon bate drop plate mounting holes all defenders have them

If my memory is still working - yes, the mil series trucks have them too - there is a bit of angle iron meant to bolt to them when using a drop-plate, but its not used with the NATO hitch so god only knows why they are included on the mil x-member..........

Unless of course, my memory isnt working and they dont have them cos they dont need them...........

I reckon it will foul and doubt the hole spacings won't be correct for Defender xmember mounting. NAS spec civvy Defenders had a complete step bumper that bolted on the rear xmember that included a reciever hitch. You need to speak to them, I'm sure they will have had the same question before and can advise. Depending on you're local laws, it wouldn't be too difficult to fabricate something.

thanks Sean mines a UK MOD spec (ex BATUS) not NAS - but yes I will call them

I think the main (rear) hole spacings will be correct as I have a nato hitch on there at the moment

I *was* planning on fabbing something myself, got it all sketched out and even picked up a receiver tube when it was on sale - but my skillz (and time) are lacking at the moment ;)

The crossmember holes are the pretty much the same in all pre TD5 Defenders. The NATO hole spacing in the Series mount will be correct but the problem may be wher they are in relation to bottom edge of the crossmember, series ones are a totally different profile.

We have a problem with 'fabbing' in the EU, after a certain date, tow gear has to be E marked etc so home brew stuff it out.