Td5 ECU compartment question

McS Junior

As you look into the ECU compartment (under the driver's seat) from the outside of the vehicle, there is a small yellow box to rear left.

Am I correct in saying that this is the fuel pump relay? (R103)

Cheer,

Ross

Yes R103 is the fuel pump relay :D

In my copy of RAVE it says the fuel pump relay on a Td5 is C0730 and if you look up C0730 in the connector views in the electrical library it says it is in the fuse box in the facia (i.e. the one in front of the gear lever)

From left to right the photo (p246 in the electrical library) shows

Yellow relay

Yellow relay

Yellow relay

Brown relay

Green relay - the fuel pump relay

Are you trying to find the fuel pump relay, or trying to figure out what the one under the seat does?

Thanks guys... I should mayve try and explain this a little better than I have!

If you look on page 239 of the electrical libraries, the photo shows 3 yellow boxes. I dont have the left hand two, but its the right hand one thats knackered - what does it do and where do i get a part no. for it?

Cheers,

Ross

Thanks guys... I should mayve try and explain this a little better than I have!

If you look on page 239 of the electrical libraries, the photo shows 3 yellow boxes. I dont have the left hand two, but its the right hand one thats knackered - what does it do and where do i get a part no. for it?

This is probably a dumb question, but if you don't know what it does how do you know it's knackered? i.e. if everything works what is the problem? :)

OK, a bit of research in RAVE shows that it is page 100 you want, it is connector C0063 which is "Relay - Main". It appears several times in the electrical circuit diagrams if you do a search for "0063" and it also comes up on page 42 of the electrical library indicating it is something to do with feeding the aircon clutch and cooling fans.

HTH

This is probably a dumb question, but if you don't know what it does how do you know it's knackered? i.e. if everything works what is the problem?

everything works but the relay itself is stuck - i'm getting driven nuts by the bloody thing buzzing!! :angry:

cheers again for the help, still getting used to using rave... ;)

Ross

Guest diesel_jim
OK, a bit of research in RAVE shows that it is page 100 you want, it is connector C0063 which is "Relay - Main". It appears several times in the electrical circuit diagrams if you do a search for "0063" and it also comes up on page 42 of the electrical library indicating it is something to do with feeding the aircon clutch and cooling fans.

HTH

Hmmm... aircon? my windey windows don't need relays!! :D:rolleyes: