alternator 300tdi from 200tdi plug? water temp sensor disco?

we have fitted a 300 tdi disco engine into a 200 tdi defender

the alternator plug on the defender has a

thick brown wire (live)?

thick brown and black wire (live)?

thin brown and yellow wire (charge light)?

the alternator itself is a bolt on terminal affair for two wires and a spade for one wire and i have the bit of disco loom attached to them there is

a very very thick brown wire (i think i attach the two thick brown and brown/black wires from the loom)?

a thin brown and yellow wire ( i think the same wire from loom goes to this)?

and a white and black wire on a spade conector ( i think this would of been for a rev counter in the disco)

am i right with the above?

next ive been told the 300tdi disco water temp sensor wont work in the 200tdi defender if not what part do i need? part number?

and finally there is an oil breather that conects to a black canister near and between injectors 2 and 3 there is a place on side of canister to connect a tube looks around a 16mm internal diameter tube needed what does this connect to?

cheers for the help

The wiring sounds correct. Make sure to run a heavier gauge main wire back to the starter lug due to the larger alternator.

Yep, Discos and Defenders have different water temp gauges. Not sure the part to use....

The tube goes to the air filter outlet end (between air filter and turbo). It is the positive crankcase ventilation system. Where you actually connect it would depend on how you are planning to makeup an air inlet system.

defender 200tdi water temp sender is LR part PRC8593, all in the 200tdi retro-fit thread in the tech archive

my 300TDi alt on my 200Tdi Defender engine, the yellow wire is connected to the 'W' terminal to operate the rev counter.

IMG_1215.jpg

view from above of my 110's engine bay, the cyclonic breather & pipes are on the left of cylinder head.

IMG_0857.jpg

For the Temp sensor/Gauge:

I had the same problem, coming from 2.5n/a to 300tdi, but.

I bought a Defender 300tdi Temp Gauge and a Defender 300tdi Temp Sender, mounted them all where they should be and connected them up. My Temp gauge now reads correctly, trying to use Discovery Sender and Defender gauge sent the gauge a bit wrong (read half way up the gauge after the truck had been stood overnight and I had just turned the ign. on).

Likewise, trying to use the old 2.5n/a gauge with the Disco 300tdi Sender worked to an extent, but "Working" temperature was halfway into the red :rolleyes:.

Been working fine for around 2 weeks now.

Hope that Helps

Cheers

Matt